SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado Stages - CHANGED

Creeker, SASS #43022

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather is looking good, highs in the upper 70s.

That's COLD!

Bring your coat.

Heck, that's still HOT to me! Though it might be less hot enough in the morning that I will even wear a vest up until it's time to shoot the first stage. :D

We have a secret weapon ! Guess what it is ?

I hope it's that you talked Redneck, Zak, Palo Verde, Chuckwalla Kid, Stormy, Squibber, Roblyn Davault and a few others into coming!!!

I hope it's that you talked Redneck, Zak, Palo Verde, Chuckwalla Kid, Stormy, Squibber, Roblyn Davault and a few others into coming!!!

As much as I like all those folks...

I would like the opportunity to at least maintain the self delusion that I have a chance at Top 20 until the match is over.

But on a side note...

The steel is set. The facades are placed...

Tomorrow all the sign placements, decorations, touch up painting, and steel "tweaking" should be completed.

And we will be ready for everybody to begin rolling in Wednesday and Thursday.

OK! It's forgetfulness we are going to forget to BRING the Trophy !!!!! Us old guys have been lits if things lately!!!!!

We have a jail......

We can build a gallows.....

OK, got my gear box loaded up. And all the ammo set out for the match. Figuring a 12 stage match, and I'm not shooting side matches on Thursday, that would be 240 rifle/pistol, and two boxes of shotgun. Well for starters I rounded the 240 up to 3 boxes of 100. Then I remember that I seem to miss shotgun targets now and then, so add another box of shotgun shells. Then I threw in a couple more boxes of 38s, and a couple more boxes of shotgun shells as well. Normally I'd have doubled what I needed for the match and then added some, but I'm trying to travel light. :D

Other than my guncart gear stuff, the rest is in a plastic tote that handles all my leather and spare odds and ends, a vest, some spare parts for this and that, and two hats. I was gonna bring three hats, but dang it I had to draw the line somewhere!

OK, got my gear box loaded up. And all the ammo set out for the match. Figuring a 12 stage match, and I'm not shooting side matches on Thursday, that would be 240 rifle/pistol, and two boxes of shotgun. Well for starters I rounded the 240 up to 3 boxes of 100. Then I remember that I seem to miss shotgun targets now and then, so add another box of shotgun shells. Then I threw in a couple more boxes of 38s, and a couple more boxes of shotgun shells as well. Normally I'd have doubled what I needed for the match and then added some, but I'm trying to travel light. :D

Other than my guncart gear stuff, the rest is in a plastic tote that handles all my leather and spare odds and ends, a vest, some spare parts for this and that, and two hats. I was gonna bring three hats, but dang it I had to draw the line somewhere!

Don't forget your best dressed stuff for Saturday night's award dinner! You don't want to disappoint all those pretty ladies!

Don't forget your best dressed stuff for Saturday night's award dinner! You don't want to disappoint all those pretty ladies!

I'm a scruffy mountain man, we don't do 'dressy'. About the best I can muster is to knock the dust off my wrangler jeans, put on a clean shirt and my best hat. As to the ladies, I hear that while they do like purdy boys, they like scruffy ones too :D

I will try to scrape the road apples off my boots though. :D

Edit - thankfully this morning I remembered that I hadn't put the jerky in the gear box, so I took care of that before coming in to the office.

Just read thru the stages again thinking about transitions...

My coworkers probably think I'm crazy sitting at my desk looking at the computer monitor and moving my hands and feet around :D

Bring your long Johns just about every day the forecast gets cooler, Hell might be snowing by Thursday !!

I like it cold, and besides what you call cold I call comfortable.

Like they didn't already?

True enuff.

Well, as the old song says, my bags are packed (mostly) and I'm ready to go (well, after some sleep)

Weather looks great, mid 70s for the main match. The locals and AZ folks will probably have long johns and coats on, so maybe I'll pick up a second or two on them and only be 20 seconds slower :D

Archived