SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado Stages - CHANGED

Creeker, SASS #43022

After listening to suggestions from knowledgeable shooters and making personal observations watching shotgun double taps in practice at a match.
The decision to include shotgun double taps on stages 7 and 8 has been reversed. These stages will now include knockdowns or have an altered shotgun sequence.

As match director - I have to recognize when I have made a mistake and work diligently to correct.
At a State Level Match, the potential for error regarding scoring and spotter confusion outweigh the Match Directors latitude to work outside the box.
I apologize to anyone that was looking forward to that double tap opportunity and look forward to seeing you at Eldorado 2013.

The posted stages should reflect these changes very soon.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creeker,

I am sorry you felt the need to change your stages, but I understand why. And I applaud your willingness to change change something to do what you feel is right after publicly posting your stages and having to defend them from criticism of others. Although I was looking fwd to the slight advantage with the double, after last nights stages I agree with you.

Gawd Awful.

Thanks.

As match director - my FIRST priority cannot be my ego, it has to be what is best for the shooters and what is best for the match.

I posted the stages to build excitement and anticipation - but I have to be willing to acknowledge criticism and (perhaps grudgingly) make changes if they are for the betterment of the match.

If I was perfect - they would have to pay me more. :blink:

Creeker, I do say you are doing your best and can appreciate your changes! I was like Gawd Awful looking at the advantage since I will be shooting the only powder (black that is). This well be my first Eldorado and looking forward to a great match and seeing my friends from the Southwest.

See Ya Soon,

Big Iron Buster

Creeker, I do say you are doing your best and can appreciate your changes! I was like Gawd Awful looking at the advantage since I will be shooting the only powder (black that is). This well be my first Eldorado and looking forward to a great match and seeing my friends from the Southwest.

See Ya Soon,

Big Iron Buster

Big Iron,

We appreciate the trust when deciding to attend a match for the first time.

We promise we will do everything in our power to give you and everyone who attends Eldorado the best possible match that we know how to put on.

Welcome to the Eldorado family.

Big Iron,

We appreciate the trust when deciding to attend a match for the first time.

We promise we will do everything in our power to give you and everyone who attends Eldorado the best possible match that we know how to put on.

Welcome to the Eldorado family.

The rumors that Creeker is my son is false!

Great change/call, whatever you want to call it. Double taps on SG targets should never be allowed or written into stages. Unfair advantage to SXS shooters to begin with, and can be damaging to the guns too, when both barrels are shot simultaneously. Great decision Creeker.

RBK

Looks like only 3 States in The Battle of States !!

I'm not sure - But Grizzly Dave may make 10 from Colorado and up the Battle of the States to four.

I also know Charming has told me that we had a few more apps come in.

It is looking very possible that we may surpass last years number of shooters.

Ace, Philly Slim told me you are in a class and state all of your own. And I don't think it was a complement!! :D

Philly just says that because he knows he can't be as pretty as me!

Is it time to go yet? Is it?

I'm ready to shoot!!!!!

Hey! That's my line! Hahahaha. Feel free to use it any time! :D :D :D

I've hear rumors of a couple of Texans wondering the US could be a wondering into Nevada in time for Eldorado.

I have heard that same rumor, but those two ain't nothin to worry about, I hear they are SLOW, and thankfully shoot in different categories than I do :D

It will be good to see them again.

And to see many other folks again for the first time.

I've hear rumors of a couple of Texans wondering the US could be a wondering into Nevada in time for Eldorado.

I have heard that same rumor, but those two ain't nothin to worry about, I hear they are SLOW, and thankfully shoot in different categories than I do :D

I have heard the rumors as well - but as of right now that's all they are.... Rumors.

Other than some "supposed" videos - I aint even sure those two exist.

Shoot - I heard one of them even changed his name...

• 2 weeks later...

Grizz, as much as I am hoping to return the bragging rights to Nevada, I am very excited to see all of the states represented take their shot at glory. One more week and the Eldorado crew will be on the range setting steel and facades. in the immortal words of Miss Nellie Blue... Is it time to shoot yet?

Gonna be a tough battle to be sure, lots of great shooters from all the states, and if UT gets one more they will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm just glad Colorado has 12 now so that my slow times won't count in the top ten from the state. :D

Actually, there is only one!!! :P

GO ARIZONA!!!

Hmm - let me go find those AZ scorecards right now.....

Let's add an extra 40 seconds here...

35 seconds there....

a few more seconds on this one...

65 seconds added to this one...

And another 40 seconds just for good measure. Okay, that should work just about fine.

Yeah, we're ready for Arizona now!!! ;)

But now I need to go take a look at the score cards for Utah, Colorado, California and Idaho as well. :blink:

I love this shoot - I can't wait.

I don't know any of the guys in Cowboy with me. Seen some scores for Corvette Kid though, kinda wish he'd stick with 49er :D I reckon I'll be doing my best to push everyone else up in the standings by padding the bottom, it's a tough job, but I do it so well :D The rest of the Colorado folks aren't pushovers like I am however...

I do hope you realize that the State that wins the Battle of the States has to bring the Trophy back next year!

There is a method to our madness in NOT winning it from obviously inferior competition.

:)

Archived