SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado Stages - CHANGED

Creeker, SASS #43022

There is a method to our madness in NOT winning it from obviously inferior competition.

:)

Great- irritate all the fast out of state shooters. :angry:

Let's how that works out for us.

I might really have to add in a few hundred undetected seconds (and even then, I still won't beat Idaho Bad Company, Gawd Awful and Descanso)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a new secret weapon........... Pecos Nick

The word is that he has been practicing shooting Gunfighter at a secret location in Utah.

Hmm - let me go find those AZ scorecards right now.....

Let's add an extra 40 seconds here...

35 seconds there....

a few more seconds on this one...

65 seconds added to this one...

And another 40 seconds just for good measure. Okay, that should work just about fine.

Yeah, we're ready for Arizona now!!! ;)

But now I need to go take a look at the score cards for Utah, Colorado, California and Idaho as well. :blink:

I love this shoot - I can't wait.

By my calculations with all the time you added to AZ shooters we should only beat you by about 90 seconds..... I can live with that ;) Really looking fwd to this match. See ya in a couple weeks my friend

I'm all for adding time to the AZ shooters, but that might cause a warp in the space time continuum, so you'd best subtract the same amount of time from elsewhere, I volunteer my scores to subtract from :D

Nope - Aint gonna happen.

You made the mistake of posting too many of your point of view videos.

I saw the speed coming out of those guns.

You can't fool us that easily.

Speed? Out of my guns? You do know that I edit all videos of me shooting so that they are at least double speed, right? :D I figure I'm at almost double your times, but that is OK with me, I still have fun.

I'm looking forward to the moving targets on that one stage, never shot a mover before, should be interesting... and hopefully not too embarrassing :D

Grizz, we only allow laughing, cheering, yee hawing, fist pumping and high fiving. No embarrassment allowed.

If you do well, it is from your abilities... And if anything goes poorly... We simply blame Philly Slim. It is a system that has served us well.

Let's see now. I'm 5' 8" (if I round up a bunch) and I weigh a buck seventy. What's Philly? 6' 2/3 and 230? Arms and legs like "Big Bad John" in Jimmy Dean's recording? Sheeeeesh! I ain't blaming Philly for anything!!

Hi Philly! How ya doin? See ya next month. Love ya man!

Pain

Let's see now. I'm 5' 8" (if I round up a bunch) and I weigh a buck seventy. What's Philly? 6' 2/3 and 230? Arms and legs like "Big Bad John" in Jimmy Dean's recording? Sheeeeesh! I ain't blaming Philly for anything!!

Hi Philly! How ya doin? See ya next month. Love ya man!

Pain

Philly is a gental giant. That's why they blame him. It's safe. He's too nice to do anything about it.

That Ace of hearts character on the other hand......

:-)

I think I might be able to make it this year. is there still time to get into the match?

There is always time...........

And bring a few pretty ladies with you!

We have a 240 shooter limit with about 150 signed up.

I think I might be able to make it this year. is there still time to get into the match?

Absolutely time.

We accept shooters until the 1st shot is fired down range for the main match.

All I ask is get your information to Charming ASAP.

Alias, SASS#, Category. etc. - So we can build you a shooter packet, name badge, place you on a posse and get you entered into ACES for scoring.

You can get registration off of our website - fill it out and forward it to ecowboys02@aol.com

We do not need payment until you arrive in person.

We look forward to having you join us again.

Just got off the phone with Charming - only a week and a 1/2 to go and applications continue to show up.

We have lost a couple shooters with cancellations, but we picked up EIGHT more shooters just today.

The Grizz and I, mighty of stature and fleet of foot can move like the wind! In our own categories of course. Ah! Humility is our best virtue!

We'll show'em, eh Grizz?

Pain

Well, I shot thru the match in my mind on my commute today, I was clean and fast and beat Philly Slim on at least half the stages.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he? :D

Grizz, If you shoot clean and beat Philly on half the stages - you will be in some elite company.

As much as I hate to admit it - that Philly Slim guy can shoot.

Ya know you are excited about a match when you are looking forward to setting the steel.

Well, I shot thru the match in my mind on my commute today, I was clean and fast and beat Philly Slim on at least half the stages.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he? :D

Grizz, If you shoot clean and beat Philly on half the stages - you will be in some elite company.

As much as I hate to admit it - that Philly Slim guy can shoot.

Ya know you are excited about a match when you are looking forward to setting the steel.

What can I say? I dream big and I am a legend in my own mind :D

Sure looks and sounds like a fine match. Made me look at headin thataway. Til the one way 20 hour trip meter jolted me! Not this year, anyways.

Have a great shoot.

OkD

Looks like we will be shooting in 60° to 70° weather, could it be !!

I'm thinking more likely mid 80's.

It is only early October.

60's and 70's is more November and December weather.

That's what I was afraid of, but still, mid 80s I can do most of the time if I remember to hydrate and gateeraid.

Dave - we have coolers filled with bottled water and ice on every other stage.

Every stage has a covered area for sitting and allowing shooters to get out of the sun.

We also have a pretty good complement of knowledgeable medical folks that keep an eye out for heat related ailments.

We will make sure you are well looked out for.

I might just need a good lookin' nurse or lady doctor assigned to me just in case... :D

Mid 80s is about what I figured and with low humidity is very manageable or I'd have not planned on coming down. I appreciate all of your efforts to look out for folks though.

Archived