SASS Wire Forum

beating a dead horse

i know its been discussed but I still hate the way the sass clubs are alphabetical now instead of by shoot date. its a real B!(@# trying to plan a trip. doesn't seem that difficult to recode it to sort using the date instead of the name. :wacko:

that being said, does anyone shoot the 4th sun in Texas or OK along the 40?

CC

As you know, that's the way it used to be and I'm with you, I liked it. In states with a large number of clubs (Texas for example), it made life more simple. While we're at it, let's have a map that shows (approximately) where they are. You're right, planning a trip can be a booger.

Dead Horse?? This ain't no dead horse.

I thought this thread was going to be about Rank vs. TT scoring, or big and close vs. small and far, or slicked guns vs. stock guns, or on the clock silly stuff, or Ginger vs. Mary Ann. I was all set to petition Allie Mo to impose the PWBDH rule and shut it down before we all dozed off.

I also miss the clubs being listed by shoot date.

The club shooting schedule listing in the back of the Chronicle lists the shoots by date.

But.. a lot of our clubs in Illinois have been dropped from the page since maybe March?

Our leaders of our local clubs said that it's something about they need to report to SASS.

Our state went to approx. 25 clubs in the Chronicle down to maybe 12..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' How do we get them back in there? :blush:

HI Folks,

I have no idea what has happened or processes related to clubs' information. However, I do know that Slipnoose is the clubs' contact. If you are having problems, contact her. Her contact information is on the Contacts page, which can be accessed at the following site.

http://www.sassnet.com/Contact-Us-001A.php

Regards,

Allie Mo

Dead Horse?? This ain't no dead horse.

I thought this thread was going to be about Rank vs. TT scoring, or big and close vs. small and far, or slicked guns vs. stock guns, or on the clock silly stuff, or Ginger vs. Mary Ann. I was all set to petition Allie Mo to impose the PWBDH rule and shut it down before we all dozed off.

I also miss the clubs being listed by shoot date.

You left out historically correct vs non historical.

And I agree with you guys.

Sorting the Clubs by shoot date is the only thing that makes sense. It gives a member a logical way to plan a trip through territory of which he/she is not familiar with, or has no knowledge of when their shoot dates are. Who gives a rat's butt of where they fall alphabetically in the first place. That tells you nothing. What possible good is listing the clubs in alphabetical order??? Sounds like a government employee at work, trying to justify their job.

RBK

You left out historically correct vs non historical.

And I agree with you guys.

Most of the folks I shoot with tend to lean more towards hysterical rather than historical.

As you know, that's the way it used to be and I'm with you, I liked it. In states with a large number of clubs (Texas for example), it made life more simple. While we're at it, let's have a map that shows (approximately) where they are. You're right, planning a trip can be a booger.

I can type SASS clubs and then a location (Ohio in my case) into Google Maps and most of them show up. It would be nice if this could be incorporated into the club database on the main SASS website.

There are two clubs in Texas close to I-40, Texas Tumbleweeds @ Amarillo & Canadian River Regulators in Clarendon. Unfortunately neither of them shoot the 4th weekend.

Territorial Marshals in OKC shoot the 4th Sun. Tulsey Town Cattleman's Assoc. in Tulsa shoots the 4th Saturday.

It ought not be a big deal to reorder the list on demand. A simple SQL Query and rewrite the page.

that's what i'm saying Doc. don't know why we cant get it done.

So....CC....what month are you going to be in North Texas. :D

heading to Gettysburg for some little party (150th battle anniversary) thought i'd fling some lead on the drive out.

There are two clubs in Texas close to I-40, Texas Tumbleweeds @ Amarillo & Canadian River Regulators in Clarendon. Unfortunately neither of them shoot the 4th weekend.

Territorial Marshals in OKC shoot the 4th Sun. Tulsey Town Cattleman's Assoc. in Tulsa shoots the 4th Saturday.

thanks Col! i'll look into that. hope you and the Mrs are doing well.

Archived