SASS Wire Forum

Texas State 2013-It is Here.

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Looks like the wagons are a rollin'.

I'm lookin' forward to seeing a bunch of old friends, as well as making a whole lot of new ones. Especially those that, like me, spend way to much time on this here Wire.

This is Gonna be FUN.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as they said back in the day "be here or be square"! Range is great, gang up here has really put alot of work in. Going to be a fantastic shoot, y'all be safe gettin here.

Got here about 10am.

Camper hooked up. Vendor area up.

Went to Blacks BBQ for lunch. so that is one down 2 to go. Smittys for dinner.

Range looks really great.

Should be fun. All starting in the morning with some fun side matches.

LETS SHOOT.

Got here about 10am.

Camper hooked up. Vendor area up.

Went to Blacks BBQ for lunch. so that is one down 2 to go. Smittys for dinner.

Range looks really great.

Should be fun. All starting in the morning with some fun side matches.

LETS SHOOT.

You leave at 5am as planned? I plan to leave at least by six in the morning going to NonStop's then on down with him.

See ya when I see ya.

Billy,

According to the local weather guessers, you should have a tail wind all the way. Suggest you bring a jacket. That norther your gonna be riding is a cool one.

Range looks great. They really appear to have it all together. I would, however, recommend to pack the insect repellent. No mosquitoes, so far, but pesky little gnats. We need the BP guys to get in a few practice sessions. That ought to help.

You leave at 5am as planned? I plan to leave at least by six in the morning going to NonStop's then on down with him.

See ya when I see ya.

Nope. We ended up leaving at 3:30am

A little sooner than we planned.

Took our time driving down and stopped for breakfast.

Billy,

According to the local weather guessers, you should have a tail wind all the way. Suggest you bring a jacket. That norther your gonna be riding is a cool one.

Got them winter undergarments backed. Glad I have 2nd rotation on Friday however the wind will make it seem pretty cold....not complaining about the wind you understand. ha. But then that wind might mess up Hacks bug repellent I will be spreading.

Nope. We ended up leaving at 3:30am

A little sooner than we planned.

Took our time driving down and stopped for breakfast.

I better stop for breakfast before I get to Non Stops because he did not get that name for no reason. lol

Thinking about four hours from Duncanville. 2 1/2 from my house to D.

Spent the evening giving my guns a good cleaning and going over. Tightened a couple of screws, got them ready to go!

Tomorrow night I will load up ammo, guns and gear into the Expedition and hope to be on the road by 0700 Friday morning. Agarita Ranch by 1000. I can hardly wait! Wish I could have gone up yesterday, but could not get away until Friday.

We had a little blow in the middle of the night and a little rain to keep the dust down. I always like to say that at Plum Creek we try to provide the true cowboy experience, so a little mud is just part of the whole package.

Might be a little sticky in the morning but when the sun comes out it will dry up quick. Forecast after that is sunny, breezy, and cool with little or no precipitation. Should be really good shooting weather.

Wednesday we had a lot of folks checking in, sighting in their long range rifles,taking RO classes, and looking over the range. Today the fun really starts.

Hope you are with us or coming, but if not we keep giving reports so you can be with us vicariously.

The wind sounded a little strong last night.

Getting ready to pop out of the camper and see if my vendor area is still there.

The ground here seems like it would dry up pretty fast. Think by later today and for sure by tomorrow

that it will be in good shape.

Update. Just walked out to the range. Everything is in good shape.

Mud???? No. Not really. This ground took it pretty good and it soaked right in.

Walked around and got no mud on my shoes.

It is more sandy here. Not like that black gumbo that we got at home.

Range is in good shape.

And they're off and running. Running to stay warm. Wind blowing to 40+ and the temp in the low 50s brought out the big coats. Some of the vendors were seen driving a few extra stakes in the ground trying to keep their tents from heading towards the coast.

Shooting started with a Wild Bunch match in the A.M. followed by a Plainsman Match in the afternoon. There were some really, really, fast times coming out of those WB shooters. Plainsmen weren't quiet as fast but they sure were having fun. Side matches were continuous all day long, and the competition was tough. Some Cowboys and Cowgirls were determined to walk away with a title. Not saying the boy is competitive, but Rattlesnake Wrangler showed up at the speed rifle-pistol stage with a bucket of bullets, a very large bucket, and a heck of a big grin on his face. I suspect he was the one to beat.

Loots of good folks having a great time.

The regular shooting gets underway today with a better weather forecast.

Oh yeah! Weather mucho better today! A little breezy and cool in the morning but not bad at all and ended up gorgeous. I have to say that Dragon Hill Dave's entrance and safety briefing as Pancho Villa was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen at a match :lol:

A great time! I got to meet a few fellow posters, shot with Texas Pit Bull.

It was a little windy and cool early on, but I don't think the weather could have been any nicer on Saturday.

Posse 11 ruled! If memory serves, 5, countem, FIVE, category champions, and 5 other shooters in top 5 of their category. 6 shot clean (including yours truly!) a great bunch to shoot with and learn from. And, a posse members wife (who is also posse marshals daughter) won the poker tournament!

The gang at Plum Creek did a great job. Thanks again to all of you.

Hoss, that is Pit Bull Tex,not that it matters.Like Hoss said we had a great posse and some really good shooters.I had a great time and hope that I was a good posse member.Thanks Bill ,you ran a really good posse.Thanks to the members of Plum Creek,They put on a rally good shoot I think.I meet Boon Doggle and he is a good guy.I had call Boon a smart A$$ on here before but he is not a smart A$$,He was introduced as a A$$ hole sat. night.Great job Plum Creek.

Pit Bull Tex is correct, I was introduced as such. And yes, I work very hard to retain that title.

I like to think of it as a term of endearment.

Hoss, that is Pit Bull Tex,not that it matters.Like Hoss said we had a great posse and some really good shooters.I had a great time and hope that I was a good posse member.Thanks Bill ,you ran a really good posse.Thanks to the members of Plum Creek,They put on a rally good shoot I think.I meet Boon Doggle and he is a good guy.I had call Boon a smart A$$ on here before but he is not a smart A$$,He was introduced as a A$$ hole sat. night.Great job Plum Creek.

Sorry about that, Pit Bull! I knew that. Dyslexia strikes again!

...I meet Boon Doggle and he is a good guy.I had call Boon a smart A$$ on here before but he is not a smart A$$,He was introduced as a A$$ hole sat. night.Great job Plum Creek.

Lest other Wire readers get the wrong idea about Boonie, Delta Raider (owner of Agarita Ranch and our most gracious host), explained at the banquet that that term is a term of endearment there that must be earned with hard work, and the several A$$holes that have earned it were introduced.

I was very impressed with all the attention to detail that was given by the many who ran this great match. Thank you all!

Pit Bull Tex is correct, I was introduced as such. And yes, I work very hard to retain that title.

I like to think of it as a term of endearment.

it was good to meet you. But with so much going on.

Did not really get to talk with you.

Maybe next time. Enjoyed the weekend.

Anvil Al, Hoss, and PBT, the pleasure was all mine. It is great to meet folks that not only enjoy Cowboy Action Shooting but have so much fun doing it. The Agarita AH crew are glad y'all enjoyed the shoot.

Archived