SASS Wire Forum

feeling pretty low tonight.

evil dogooder

I was happy to get off with only an eight hour day and feeling pretty good. Told myself this time i am not going to Answer if work calls. Sure enough half an hour later work calls. Well i ignored it. Then a couple of texts all ignored finally one more call. By this time my conscious is getting to me. Well i answered but now i really feel bad. Five minutes after i left work a friend who i work near had a massive heart attack. The manager and a Co worker did cpr and managed to sustain a pulse until the emts arrived but he soon slipped away and was pronouced dead on the shop floor. A very nice guy always laughing and smiling. The unofficial welcome patrol. Always made work better. In his late forties to early fifties.

Really making me rethink life a little. We were the two who were always working overtime rarely under fifty hours a week. Now i look back and wonder if he would do the same if he knew how little time he had left.

You always want to give your family the best, but is the new toy really worth the hours you miss. What means more a dad who's there or another item you will forget about shortly???

Like i said just making me think and feeling pretty low sorry to miss the party tonight hope i didn't bring everybody down

These things make a person reflective of life. I know that we lost some of folks at our plant. One was a domestic issue and a suicide. Those things stay with a person. That said, Family is the best thing that can happen to people. Seems like this day and age a lot of folks overlook that. Kids need the guidance of two parents and some good footings to make a strong life. Material

things will disappear but family will stay with you your whole life.

We are here to support you, pard. You are not alone.

I'm saddened to hear that, ED. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest Two Fingers Slim

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I too got a call this morning from my wife telling me her sister just passed away. I just got home and just sat down, I too am rethinking a lot of things. I'll include your friend and you in my thoughts and prayers this evening..take care.

TFS

Very sorry to hear about your friend, ED. Both of your families will be in my devotions.

Life is short. Enjoy those close to you for as long as you can.

Evil....We are with you......all the way !

You need anything, just PM me.

I'll keep you and you're co-worker's family in mind when I talk to the Creator.

Prayers up for all, ED, including yourself.

Mr. Do Good'r . . . . sorry to hear of your distress. . . .

Some many years ago . . . I lost a person who was probably most dear to me in all the world . . . he was only 62 when he died . . . he was ageless to me . . . I grieved a lot over him . . .

7 1/2 years go I lost the lady that I was happy with, . . . and thought I would spend my whole life with ( she was only 44 ), . . . . . and I grieved over her a lot . .

now I'm 65 . . . and I think of him sometimes and of her frequently, . . why do we go when we go ? . . . . . .

Just live the best you can for TODAY. . . that is all any of us can ever do . . . . . :)

Thanks for the prayers. They are a comfort. It's been a trying weekend. My friends wife was a little overwelmed so we took the kids in last night and today. Been helping plan the funeral and on top of it we were informed we will be having. A big meeting with OSHA tomorrow to talk about work conditions and what happened.

It'sgoing to be a very long tough week!

Archived