SASS Wire Forum

Well Boys & Girls Here it Comes

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2013/jan/22/miller-national-assault-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/#ixzz2IkCRmM3u

All I'll say is Call,Write and e mail your representatives !

Let your Voice be Heard.

here is some contact information to help.

CLICK THE LINKS BELOW! They make it incredibly easy to contact your government officials and make your opinions known with regard to 2nd Amendment issues. There is no time to waste!

Insist they vote NO on any restrictive new laws and work against any legislation that inhibits the 2nd Amendment Rights of Law Abiding Americans. Such restrictions have only a negative impact on the vast majority of Americans who obey the law, while they serve as an asset to criminals, who by definition, disregard such laws anyway.

Make it clear that you will be paying close attention to their activities regarding 2nd Amendment rights, and that you, your friends and family, and everyone they can influence will vote according.

Here, in a click or two, you can write your senators and representatives in an easy, pre-provided format. When composing your letter, there is also an option to "write all federal officials at once." Under "contact" you will also find a phone number for their office. Call them as well! All of this only takes a minute or two. It could not be faster or easier.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Here, you can contact your representatives and very quickly send an (editable) pre-written letter insisting that they do not alter senate rules which would make anti-gun legislation much easier to pass.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/a...ertid=62315921

Another means of contacting your congressional representatives:

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

The future of your 2nd Amendment rights rest in the hands of your elected representatives. The best way you can have a meaningful impact on the outcome is to contact them and make your opinions known. Do it now! Adios Sgt. Jake

Howdy,

I have said for some time that the gun grabbers will start with an outrageous

initial proposal and bargan down to what they really want.

Remember we now live with the laws from the last gun ban go round.

So now they come back to renegotiate what was agreed last time.

Tell em that they got all they are going to get LAST TIME.

Best

CR

Many still believe that we can compromise. Ron has said how the non-liberals are now fighting the battle.

I have a running dialog with one pard on the wire about that. I asked that he send me all of his guns, but I was willing to compromise and let him keep one. Somehow, he hasn't responded and says he wants to "compromise" in some other manner. But he hasn't really responded to my ready efforts to "compromise."

He like many others do not understand how to "properly manage" compromise in modern society. We see that the ultimate goal of those that want our guns has been clearly state - they truly want all our guns. Many do not want the police to have guns except to be checked out in "emergencies." So they have stated their final goals. They just use compromise to get there as quickly as they can. And if a partial step doesn't reduce crime, etc, then it merely justifies (in their mind) to go further with programs that do not work. Programs that have lead to disaster time and time again around the world.

Make it clear that you will be paying close attention to their activities regarding 2nd Amendment rights, and that you, your friends and family, and everyone they can influence will vote according.

Yep, we need to keep track of every stinkin' rat as they show their true colors. :angry:

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Yes, we need to be vocal and make sure your Senators and Congressman know how you feel.

But, this ain't going anywhere.

There is a pretty good chance that background checks will be expanded to a broader population of transactions and there will be a call for stronger safeguards to ensure firearms are not accessible to anyone other than the registered owner without permission.

That's about it.

I'll add one other thing: If a firearm that you own is not secure and someone in your household uses it in a felony, you should be horsewhipped.

the registered owner without permission.

If a firearm that you own is not secure and someone in your household uses it in a felony, you should be horsewhipped.

What's this "registered" you refer to? Sounds just like what Hitler did in 1935. Not all states have this "registration."

Agree with that 2nd statement.

Wrong term. I meant the valid owner. But, if we have background checks on new sales, eventually the two terms become pretty close to the same thing.

And don't get started with the Hitler BS or we are gonna have words.

Are you just parsing terms or do you have an objection to being held responsible if the firearms you own are used in a felony by someone in your family?

If so, maybe you need a new family.

And don't get started with the Hitler BS or we are gonna have words.

Are you just parsing terms or do you have an objection to being held responsible if the firearms you own are used in a felony by someone in your family?

If so, maybe you need a new family.

Ok, but have strong feelings here also. Maybe I'm drawing parallels where they aren't, but...

Not parsing, and I believe I already said I agreed with you above.

No new family needed, I have SASS. The rest can hang, (well, almost). :ph34r:/>

Good. The quicker that her bill is proposed and shot down by congress, the quicker this panic buying will end. If her bill doesn't make it to a vote (or gets voted down), it will pretty much be the deathblow to any new federal gun regulations. Let's get this over with...

Good. The quicker that her bill is proposed and shot down by congress, the quicker this panic buying will end. If her bill doesn't make it to a vote (or gets voted down), it will pretty much be the deathblow to any new federal gun regulations. Let's get this over with...

The Senate doesn't have the votes. They need every Dem and some Republicans to get a super-majority, and I know two Dems who'll vote no. CNN quotes "sources" as saying it won't be put to a vote unless a super-majority looks possible. Meanwhile, the House won't take up any control measures unless the Senate passes them, first. This is not something to worry about.

The Senate doesn't have the votes. They need every Dem and some Republicans to get a super-majority, and I know two Dems who'll vote no. CNN quotes "sources" as saying it won't be put to a vote unless a super-majority looks possible. Meanwhile, the House won't take up any control measures unless the Senate passes them, first. This is not something to worry about.

Yeah right, "nothing to see hear folks, move along"

BB,

Your information is a bit out of date. While the Senate may not have the votes, it's going to be debated.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/01/22/sen-reid-pushes-ahead-with-gun-legislation/

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) said Tuesday he has directed the Judiciary Committee to take up gun-control legislation called for by President Barack Obama.

The announcement, coming a day after Mr. Obama’s second inaugural address, provides further assurance that the Senate will act on one of the president’s second-term priorities, despite deep misgivings from fellow Democrats.

“This is an issue we’re not going to run from,” Mr. Reid told reporters Tuesday after discussing the topic with Senate Democrats. “It’s an issue we need to talk about.” Mr. Reid said he expects an open amendment process once the bill reaches the floor.

Dogmeat Dad

While it may be appropriate to express general reservations about any restrictions that MAY be proposed in future bills presented to Congress. May I suggest we wait until the bill is introduced or a copy of it is released by Feinstein's office before writing you Representative or Senator with specific objections. The last thing we want to look like is knee-jerk lunatic fringe types by basing our communications on rumors. This doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our concerns and objections loudly and often. We should, but with the facts, the Constitution, and history on our side.

When the proposed bill is introduced and if it does contain language providing for a national registry, I think it would be appropriate for everyone to read up on the costs of the Canadian Long Gun Registry. Start with the postings here and over on Cascity on the subject. The fact of the matter will be that the costs will be prohibitive and produce no productive results.

:FlagAm:/> I have recently talked to the Offices of Senators Shelby and Sessions from Alabama and Congressman Robert Adderholt all of whom will vote NO on any bills referred to to in all your above comments. I am sure they have been Friends of the NRA for many years.

It is very worrisome.

The introduction of DiFi's bill is just the first skirmish in what will be a protracted effort. The vote is all about getting the headcount so that the enormous white house sponsored technology team (Organizing for Action) can start crunching the numbers on every weak congressional district in the US. The group has stated that there are about 35 legislators that are in districts that were won or lost by just a few votes. They intend to influence the outcome of everyone of those districts until they have the "super majority".

Yes, there is a lot to worry about.

Olen

another wonderful 'put your head in the sand' post :rolleyes:/> ....

whether it will come to the floor or not or if they don't have the votes it doesn't matter. We need to keep up momentum and share information to better combat this kind of legislation WHEN it eventually gets to the floor and a vote...whether today, tomorrow, or the distant future.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

I think that the most serious concern is blue state legislators passing bills in their state legislatures. Colorado now has a Dem controlled House, Senate, and Governor. I am much more worried about that than the posturing in DC right now. The gun grabbers will be very happy to see that happen. Each state that passes gun control laws is a nail in the coffin.

It is very worrisome.

The introduction of DiFi's bill is just the first skirmish in what will be a protracted effort. The vote is all about getting the headcount so that the enormous white house sponsored technology team (Organizing for Action) can start crunching the numbers on every weak congressional district in the US. The group has stated that there are about 35 legislators that are in districts that were won or lost by just a few votes. They intend to influence the outcome of everyone of those districts until they have the "super majority".

Yes, there is a lot to worry about.

Olen

Olen is damn right. For right now, it'll be the fence sitters......later on comes the real votes. The "influence" will come with BIG MONEY. Follow the money.

UB is right also, when the individual states fall, it tends to be a domino effect.

DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN DURING THE (percieved) LULL. Keep writing your elected officials. This will be a long war, it will not be won by one battle.

CS

only a few days left, this month for the SPECIAL price

call this number call 888-678-7894

get live membership for $300

pass on the legacy

the give, keeps on giving

and send letters, emails and phone calls to your represenatives

;)/>/> ;)/>/> ;)/>/>

if the government can spend forward like they are

I think it prudent

that we spend forward for future second amendment supporters

our younger family members

just an idea

In Barack Obama's first inaugural address

he spoke of America's needs

goals and mission

-- In his second --

-- like a pointillist painter --

he decomposed our country into a series of atomized special interest groups and

one after the other, pleaded their case.

BB,

Your information is a bit out of date. While the Senate may not have the votes, it's going to be debated.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/01/22/sen-reid-pushes-ahead-with-gun-legislation/

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) said Tuesday he has directed the Judiciary Committee to take up gun-control legislation called for by President Barack Obama.

There's a difference between being debated in committee and being debated on the floor. All that being debated in committee means is that the committee will decide whether it should go to the Senate floor for a full debate. They could very well decide not to put it to the floor, and the bill will die right there.

BTW, the Judiciary Committee chair, Pat Leahy, is rated "C" by the NRA. http://www.ontheissu...Gun_Control.htm . While he may not be dependably favorable, I interpret it that he thinks before he votes. He seems to vote in favor of the individual over the institution. He's also a gun owner.

Edit: Personally, I'm in favor of debating anything. This is completely in line with the Constitution. All sides should receive a hearing on any topic, especially when it could lead to the passage or repeal of a law. There are other constitutional rights besides those involving guns, and the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the other rights. If I'm not going to use my guns to protect the other constitutional rights, then what are my guns for? I may not like the outcome of the debate, but I will defend the rights of those who want to have it.

Archived