SASS Wire Forum

Shooting in January

Ventura Slim, SASS #35690

Muddy and Wet?!? Please!!! You need to come up here and shoot. The Western Wisconsin Wild Bunch (Holmen, WI) will be shooting next Saturday. And the Granite City Gunslingers (Kimball, MN) will be shooting the last Saturday of the month (26th). Dress warm cuz I guarantee that there will be snow on the ground.

... the range is going to be muddy and wet.

Watch your step! Rather deal with that than a foot of snow and the temps (Brrrr!) that go with it.

This looks like the third time in as many weeks that the range is going to be muddy and wet.

We got lucky last Sunday in SLO.

Fillmore

I'd rather shoot in a little snow than in mud. But then I sink in mud a bit more than a lot of folks :D

Hoping to get a match in on the 19th if the weather is decent and the range doesn't collect too much snow before then.

Founders Ranch was even able to shoot this weekend's matches for two clubs. Cold, yes. Muddy and snowy and icy, yes. But it was great to be shooting. Just "gotta be willin'!"

Good luck, GJ

+1 Okie Sawbones. Grew up in central Oregon. Two seasons-- Rainey season and the 4th of July. Much nicer here in central Ga. We shot Sat. Was a little cool starting, but very nice by 10 or so. Heading to Fl wed for the state shoot. Forcast is for mid 70s. O well.

M<cKenzie

-15 below to 104 rain, mud, snow, most club in Colorado shoot.

GK

Archived