SASS Wire Forum

Where to stay for Winter Range

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

My daughter and I stayed at the Red Roof about 5 years ago. But what do you recommend? Not looking for anything expensive.

Deacon Stone

My wife Granny One Shot and I stayed there last year and rebooked again for this year. It's not fancy but it was clean and the price is right.

My wife and I prefer the Extend Stay. Rooms are large enough for lots of gear and gun carts. The kitchen is handy too.

I usually check Tripadvisor.com before I book a reservation. That site helps me avoid problem properties.

I went to the first and second Winter Range in 1992-'93. We stayed at the Tumbleweed Hotel in Cave Creek Az. Great rooms and with a kitchen for gun cleaning...Black Powder. Your going to LOVE it. Lots of Great Restaurants and Bars in Town. Straight shot to Ben Avery Range and back. Just around the corner from Scottsdale Blvd to go to Rawhide too. Very friendly People run the place if they are still the owners. After that I took my .truck and Camper and stayed at the Range. Just sayin'

Jake

Just up the freeway is Anthem which has hotels also. I recommend Hampton Inn(clean & comp. breakfast). I stay in Cave Creek with family for WR. Cave Creek is FUN!! Buffalo Chip(BBQ at WR) shares a parking lot with Harold's Cowboy Club. Across the street is the Hideaway, an outdoor biker bar. Come out after shooting Sat-Sun in full SASS costume and go to all three. Buffalo Chip has bull riding(real livestock) on Wed. & Fri. nights. They all have indoor/outdoor bars, good food, and are very friendly. TapHaus is across from Harold's for beer lovers. Enjoy! Baddog N.

We stay at the Clay Range not much for looks but as the old girl is the best cook on the planet the food is excellent and can draw a crowd. A real plus is about that about fifty other cowboys are there so its not dull either. Drop around if you got the time there's almost always something going on.

We stay at the Clay Range not much for looks but as the old girl is the best cook on the planet the food is excellent and can draw a crowd. A real plus is about that about fifty other cowboys are there so its not dull either. Drop around if you got the time there's almost always something going on.

didn't you get evicted from the clay range last year for being rowdy? i seem to remember you and another trailer (his name rhymes with jt) having to move in the middle of our stay over to the OTHER side. dang loud kids....

to the OP

the BEST place to stay at WR is at any of the camping areas. you miss out on a LOT of the fun when you have to leave the range to go to bed.

Have stayed at Days Inn 17 an Deer valley about 15 min from range Cracker Barrel , Dennys an excellent Italian resteraunt across the street. Not fancy has fridge an micro an they have held rates to cowboys for last 3-4 yrs anyhow a place to hang yer hat fer the night.Easy drive at all times to range .NK

home

Spoil sport :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived