SASS Wire Forum

Want a Double Trigger SXS

Zachariah Smith 70528

I think you'll find a double trigger gun to be a very enjoyable gun. Front trigger fires right barrel, rear trigger fires the left. Normally the right barrel has the more open choke and is fired first. It's very easy to get used to sliding the firing hand back very slightly to make it easier to pick up the rear trigger. With practice a double trigger gun can be fired nearly as fast as one with a single trigger. The other advantage of a double trigger gun is instant choice of chokes. Of course, if one trigger quits working for some reason, you still have the other half of the gun to get you out of trouble. :)

Do you plan to hunt with the gun, or is it only going to be used for CAS?

In any case, buena suerte.

GIT

Help the economy and the shooting sports and BUY ONE!. It's your civic duty!

:) Rye

I think you'll find a double trigger gun to be a very enjoyable gun. Front trigger fires right barrel, rear trigger fires the left. Normally the right barrel has the more open choke and is fired first. It's very easy to get used to sliding the firing hand back very slightly to make it easier to pick up the rear trigger. With practice a double trigger gun can be fired nearly as fast as one with a single trigger. The other advantage of a double trigger gun is instant choice of chokes. Of course, if one trigger quits working for some reason, you still have the other half of the gun to get you out of trouble. :)/>/>/>

Do you plan to hunt with the gun, or is it only going to be used for CAS?

In any case, buena suerte.

GIT

If the triggers are switched for the right handed shooter, front trigger on the left and the rear trigger on the right. With the triggers setup like this the front trigger is pulled the finger can easily slip straight back to the rear which is now on the right side. You don't have to reach around the front trigger to get to the back trigger. I think this is a faster setup than even the single trigger guns because you don't have to let up on the trigger to get a reset required of the single trigger gun. This setup can make it seem almost like both trigger were pulled at the same time.

gun with the triggers switch

If you use two fingers you can shoot a double faster than a single trigger. Most times makeing it sound as one shot

I just had the extreme good fortune of adding an A. H. Fox Sterlingworth 12 gauge side by side with double triggers to my collection. It was made in 1926 in Philadelphia and still locks up tight, bores are mirrors. I used it yesterday in a monthly match and it was really a delight to use an American made gun nearly 100 years old. It functioned perfectly. It is a light and lively field gun, not as heavy as the Savage Fox or Stevens 311.

With some shopping you can find these in the $500 to $600 range.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=sterlingworth

Double trigger Baikal if ya can find one. Rock solid, easy to do the trigger swap Nate mentions, (disable the auto safety while yer in there)and google the cocking lever mods (Mohave gambler article) to make it open wider. I bought one NIB from a fellow shooter for $225 and it has been flawless for a few years.

Having 2 triggers means you can let fly with both barrels, when needed, to take care of those stubborn knockdowns...you know, the ones that just wouldn't drop after that first shot (that went right over the top).

Holler

My suggestion is a Daly 500 made by Miroku. It's the one that became the Browning BSS and early SKB's. Does not need much work as has extractors (BSS has ejectors). Chrome lined barrels. Goes for about $6-700 in good shape.

I just had the extreme good fortune of adding an A. H. Fox Sterlingworth 12 gauge side by side with double triggers to my collection. It was made in 1926 in Philadelphia and still locks up tight, bores are mirrors. I used it yesterday in a monthly match and it was really a delight to use an American made gun nearly 100 years old. It functioned perfectly. It is a light and lively field gun, not as heavy as the Savage Fox or Stevens 311.

With some shopping you can find these in the $500 to $600 range.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=sterlingworth

and it is a pretty gun!

Archived