SASS Wire Forum

Why is it?

Ace_of_Hearts

Why is it that for the most part, shooters can blaze away all day and never get a scratch, yet the poor TO standing right behind him/her get smacked with all sizes of lead spatter. Why is that?

This is a fun thread guys!

Mostly 'cause Jedi Gunfighters are surrounded by the force which deflects painful objects around our tender pink bodies :lol:

Yep, thats it!

Ifn ya ain't a JEDI, you're gona have to grow tough skin..... :lol:

..........Widder

Hey, Ace, we all know YOU don't even have to be the TO to get poked full of lead remnants. You just seem to attract the stuff. Don't think I've ever been to a match where you were in attendance, that you didn't eventually start bleeding from taking shrapnel! Must be your magnetic personality.

I have gotten whacked the worst when I'm spotting. One match I took a 45 to the groin. So I handed off the rag and hid behind my cart. Cart wasn't big enough, next shooter I took one in the arm.

Grizz,

If you haven't noticed you are not a bean pole. :)

I will just make sure I stand behind you. :)

See you soon Grizz,

Painted Filly

Grizz,

If you haven't noticed you are not a bean pole. :)

I will just make sure I stand behind you. :)

See you soon Grizz,

Painted Filly

LOL, I guess I am a rather LARGE target at that!! :D

Stand behind fatter shooters.

That was the WHY, we had Philly Slim(e), aka "Mongo", as our posse leader at GFBJL.

We also used him for shade and as a wind 'break' too. :o:lol:

Few if any, 'frag' issues when he was th T.O..........Nut'n could get past him :P

:D

LG

My Grandad would say it's because no good deed goes unpunished.

I remember once, at a shoot somewhere, there was a lot of splatter from the shotgun KDs. There was a family on our posse with dad, mom and 3 young girls about ages 9 to 15 or so. They were getting hit a lot. Merlot told them to stand behind me so they did for the rest of the match unless I was shooting. Us bigger fellers sure do make good barriers. They all gave me a hug when the match was over. Sometimes liking food pays off.

Shakey

That was the WHY, we had Philly Slim(e), aka "Mongo", as our posse leader at GFBJL.

We also used him for shade and as a wind 'break' too. :o:lol:

Few if any, 'frag' issues when he was th T.O..........Nut'n could get past him :P

:D

LG

At least I was good for SOMETHING.................Why'd we keep YOU around? :P

Simple, I'm the pretty one...... :P

LG

Geez Lumpy - at least warn us first when yer gonna say somethin' like that. :angry:

Guinness stings when it goes back out my nose! :ph34r::P:o:D

Archived