SASS Wire Forum

Don't walk into a gun shop with money in your pocket!

Rancho Roy

I just stopped in to say hello while my truck was being inspected next door. This little beauti was sitting in the cabinet with a very favorable price. Here in Massachusetts, SAA revolvers are "unobtainium". Unless they were in the state before 1998, they can't be imported or sold to Massachusetts residents. Nice huh?

Anyways.........SAA Buntline, 45LC, Iver Johnson (Made by Uberti)

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/things-that-go-bang/1873-saa-buntline/

It's amazing that when I have money in my pocket, there is always a great bargain just waiting to be scooped up. I walked in to Cabela's Monday and immediately found a 1900 Rem dbl, a 16 ga LaFevre, and a couple of Parkers just sitting out on the rack. The only way I was able to escape was by reminding myself that I just couldn't find a place for another gun safe. Fortunately, sanity caught me somewhere between the gun rack and the safes. My wallet escaped unscathed.

I know the feeling. I went to an annual this past weekend with money in my pocket and came home with a pair of Uberti 1860 Army Richards conversions. There weren't even on my short list of wants, but...

Howdy,

Jus so ya know, it works just the other way round fer me.

If I go to a gunshow with a wallet full of money from a nice stock sale,

I find NOTHIN. But just let me go with pocket change and I find the deal

of a lifetime and have to go pay extra to git cash outta the machine.

YMMV

OAYOR

Best

CR

I just stopped in to say hello while my truck was being inspected next door. This little beauti was sitting in the cabinet with a very favorable price. Here in Massachusetts, SAA revolvers are "unobtainium". Unless they were in the state before 1998, they can't be imported or sold to Massachusetts residents. Nice huh?

Good find. I had one with a 16" barrel so I hunted down a brass frame skeleton shoulder stock for it.

MY REVOLVING CARBINE

Looks like the grip frame/trigger guard is loose on your. It should be flush with the bottom of the frame.

Looks like the grip frame/trigger guard is loose on your. It should be flush with the bottom of the frame.

Yup, I noticed this in the photos. All fixed now.

Took it to the range last night. Shooting an 8" metal disc at 50 yards it was spot on and extremely accurate. I came home and cleaned about a bullets worth of lead out of the barrel!:o Seems the PO was shooting lead without lube!

Every few rounds it would "fling" one out of the group. I bet it will be even more accurate now. That long barrel has a great sight plane.

Ah, very cool! What store did you find it at? I'm planning on doing a little "shopping" this weekend.

What amazes me is the gun law in MA. Can't import new cowboy pistols??

Massachusetts gun laws are the most screwed up in the entire country.

The SAA is deemed to be an "unsafe" design by this state, so it is not importable. Same for the 1911, as Browning designed it. The various 1911 clones that are approved for sale here have been modified in various ways to make them legal.

Here's a fun one.

The Beretta 92FS is Mass. Compliant.

The M9 is not.

The reason: Beretta has submitted the 92 for certification, but not the M9. Even though the only differnces are the markings, they are technically 2 different "models."

Things are weird here. Sadly.

Ron's Sport Shop in South Dartmouth...............

If you change the grip color, thereby changing the model number, it has to be re-certified. Ruger Vaqueros in Blue and Stainless are MassOK, but the Bisley isn't. It is near impossible to be a handgun collector in Massachusetts any longer. I hate it here, but Grandkids have my wife firmly anchored!

How about a credit card??????????

Walked in to get some cleanin' stuff. Walked out with a Colt Lightnin clone.

It's like goin' in to a opium den, though I have no real experience with that.

I got into trouble once without spending money. They had lay-away and the Pedersoli Sharps had my name on .

Barry Sloe

Archived