SASS Wire Forum

Gun store guys are evil.....

Dorado

Well, I was lured into the local toy shop today as if drawn by a siren. I was looking around and heard something calling my name. As I followed the voice I realized it was a new Henry AR-7 survival rifle talking to me. Well I just couldn't let it sit there with no one listening to it, so it came home with me and we've been having a great time. We've been out back trying out different ammo and found out that it doesn't really like sub-sonic rounds but loves anything else, even the cheap bulk stuff. So I'm having a lot of fun. We took a little lunch break but we're about to go out again. This thing is way too cool. :D

Here are a couple of pictures of it.

AR-7

AR-7_2

If you didn't know this rifle comes apart and stores inside of the stock. It is watertight and floats even with 3 full magazines. It is actually pretty accurate with the peep sight and orange front blade, and is very simple. The barrel screws onto the receiver and the receiver attaches to the stock with a captive bolt. It comes with 2 mags, but I bought a third.

Hello, I'm Dorado and I'm addicted to guns.

It is watertight and floats even with 3 full magazines.

Mine was made by Charter Arms, and I could be wrong, but unless something has changed over the years, it is NOT watertight. The buttcap provides a very short term sort of semi water resistant seal, but the floatation feature comes from the butt being foam filled, not watertight integrity.

Mine is iffy with standard velocity ammo, but functions perfectly with high velocity stuff like CCI Mini-mags, Stingers, etc.

Mine was made by Charter Arms, and I could be wrong, but unless something has changed over the years, it is NOT watertight. The buttcap provides a very short term sort of semi water resistant seal, but the floatation feature comes from the butt being foam filled, not watertight integrity.

Mine is iffy with standard velocity ammo, but functions perfectly with high velocity stuff like CCI Mini-mags, Stingers, etc.

Well the description I got was that it is water tight but not designed for full immersion. So, basically if it falls into a lake and is retrieved quickly then it will be alright, however if you try to hide it under water or take it swimming then it won't be. I guess a better way of putting it is, it is water resistant.

Same thing happened to me last week when the new Ruger 10/22 takedown called my name out at the nearest gun shop. Haven't had time to try it yet but, soon.

Funny how you can be miles away from the gunshop and still hear that thing talking to you. lol

Happened to me a week ago... I had looked at an *as new* Armi-Sport 1861 Springfield on consignment about ten days ago for $499, and decided against it, but the Song of the Siren just wouldn't quit, so a week ago today, I offered $400 and their client accepted it. :)

Are we all really that weak? :lol:

I don't look at it as us being weak. Just them being strong.

You guys are soooooo weak willed!!!! Last week I looked at a GSG 1911 .22 and was able to resist the temptation.

But danged if it just couldn't resist coming home with me !

If I remember correctly, James Bond, 007, shotdown a helicopter with one in the movie, From Russia With Love, around 1965. Irish Pat sass 19486

James Bond did indeed have a Armalite AR-7 in From Russia With Love. He and the girl were being chased by a Helicopter. The guys were throwing hand grenades at them. After several close calls and from under cover of a rock, James shoots the guy getting ready to throw another grenade after pulling the pin. Bullet hits the guy and he drops the grenade in the helicopter, blowing it up and crashing in a ball of fire. :lol:

Big Jake

I don't know. I think they spike their stores like a punch bowl during prom night. There's got to be something their doing to make these toys come home with us.

You guys are soooooo weak willed!!!! Last week I looked at a GSG 1911 .22 and was able to resist the temptation..

But danged if it just couldn't resist coming home with me !

I thought "It followed me home, can I keep it?" only worked with puppies and kittens.

I'll have to try this line after the next gun show and see if it flies with the Mrs.

Irish Pat, I have known you to have some weaknesses along the way. You don't remember running down those old widder wommen just to get your hands on their guns, and tell them it would be fine collateral for that new home or car., but dcon't tell kmow one about it, they woul;d get jealous.

I think it is something they inject into the air at gun shops. Smells like Hoppes number 9. You just loose all control. I have a laundry list of things I'm keeping my eye out for. I'm not sure I want to find them as I Don't know for sure what I'm going to do once I have it. A bit like a dog chasing a car. But I know I want one.

I know y'all run a tight house here for visitors and all but it is nice to find out I am not the only soul who keeps finding guns following him home.

Too Tall, you ain't a visitor! You've got a brand new, shiny SASS number - you is one of us (God help you) ;) !

Raise your right hand and repeat after me:

Hi, I'm (insert your name) and I'm a gunaholic!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi - my name is Too Tall Bob and I'm a gunaholic and my wife works to support my addiction! How's that*

Well, you all haven't had one knock on the door in the middle of night yet.....least that is what I told the wife. You all ever get that look at of the top corner of their eyes????

Well, I was lured into the local toy shop today as if drawn by a siren. I was looking around and heard something calling my name. As I followed the voice I realized it was a new Henry AR-7 survival rifle talking to me. Well I just couldn't let it sit there with no one listening to it, so it came home with me and we've been having a great time. We've been out back trying out different ammo and found out that it doesn't really like sub-sonic rounds but loves anything else, even the cheap bulk stuff. So I'm having a lot of fun. We took a little lunch break but we're about to go out again. This thing is way too cool. :D

Here are a couple of pictures of it.

AR-7

AR-7_2

If you didn't know this rifle comes apart and stores inside of the stock. It is watertight and floats even with 3 full magazines. It is actually pretty accurate with the peep sight and orange front blade, and is very simple. The barrel screws onto the receiver and the receiver attaches to the stock with a captive bolt. It comes with 2 mags, but I bought a third.

Hello, I'm Dorado and I'm addicted to guns.

You provided no evidence to support your claim that gun store guys are evil. I suggest you retract your claim before a class action suit is launched by said "gun store guys".

Archived