SASS Wire Forum

Brass picker

Come On Christmas

Where do ya buy the suction cup elongated brass picker tool. Went to Northern Equipent. They had a pricey one for putting Jars and wine glasses up on high shelves.

Shameless

$10 at Wally World for one that folds (and breaks) in the middle. $20 at Lowe's for the non-folding version of the same tool. I've got the Lowe's version and it has held up so far (less than a year old).

Here in beautiful downtown Sierra Vista AZ local hardware stores like Ace, Wally World, and drug stores all carry one for under $10. Mine is a non-folding type with rubber pads instead of the suction cups. Use a smaller coffee can attached to a 3/4 x 3/4" stick to put the brass in.

I purchased ours at Harbor Freight Tools. It was around $10.00 I believe. We have the claw type also as the suction cups break off too easily.

I've seen long oblong rounding thinger that picks up acorns.

Works good on brass too !

Allie, that's the one I got - works pretty good!

Howdy pard,

The only way to go is with one of these. I had another and broke it the first time I used it. This one will stand up to brass picking at WBAS! ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Yep. The one at Harbor Freight looks exactly like that. Reach Tool

http://www.nutwizard.com/prod01.htm

The small size is what you want.

A guy brought one of these to the outdoor county range where I shoot. Pretty cool gaget, no bending, picks up all calibers including shotgun. They even have some buckets you can buy with different size openings in the bottom to sort your brass into each caliber. Only down side is they are a little pricey. $56 or so for the picker and another $543 or $68 for the sorter. I understand there's one in the Dillon catalog too.

Brass Mower and SHELL SORTER here: http://www.brassmower.com/

Archived