SASS Wire Forum

TG summit

No way!? :D Well, I reckon those folks can send their votes in via pony express...or get their grand kids to help them log on long enough to vote.

If the USPS gets what they're asking for (NO Saturday deliveries and getting rid of over 252 post offices), mail is liable to get where it's sent slower than when the original pony express was in business...in the 18 months before the transcontinental telegraph got finished! :angry:

Elimination of the TG Convention/Summit meeting for 2012 and unknown for later years, makes one wonder the future role of the TG in SASS and how in the future SASS will communicate with it's clubs. Hope there is a grand plan somewhere.

The voting results are telling enough. Seems to me that somewhere, there is a disconnect. Last year's proposals didn't seem to fare very well and this year....out of five only one passed? I mean really, who dreams these up and puts them to a vote, anyway? I would think that proposals like this, put to a vote of TG's would have at least been discussed previously and tweaked to not only give the membership the changes they desire but have at least a good chance of passing. None of them really did that this year except for one.

As big as SASS is, I don't see an "internet meeting" being a workable solution. Nothing beats a bunch in a room, discussing things. I'm sure some things can be discussed by email and such, but so far.....

Guess I'm hoping for a "plan" somewhere's in the works too!

From what I understand, the way it now works is that the TGs discuss the upcoming items on the TG wire, perhaps things are tweaked, perhaps not, I don't know. Then they take them to their clubs to see how the clubs want them to vote.

Without each and every club going thru every possible modification, the TG can only vote how they were instructed to by their club. Having everyone in a room together and hammering out last minute changes does no good at all.

For what it's worth I wasn't suggesting an internet meeting whereby all the TGs would online logged in at the same time, more of a email type vote system.

Just because the convention and existing system of TG summit is on hiatus, does not mean it is the end of the TG system.

From what I understand, the way it now works is that the TGs discuss the upcoming items on the TG wire, perhaps things are tweaked, perhaps not, I don't know. Then they take them to their clubs to see how the clubs want them to vote.

Without each and every club going thru every possible modification, the TG can only vote how they were instructed to by their club. Having everyone in a room together and hammering out last minute changes does no good at all.

For what it's worth I wasn't suggesting an internet meeting whereby all the TGs would online logged in at the same time, more of a email type vote system.

Just because the convention and existing system of TG summit is on hiatus, does not mean it is the end of the TG system.

Personally I think the TG system has out grown it's purpose, now with technology and the mail system ballots can be printed and put in the chronical or submitted via a website with your SASS login.

KK

Not sure I believe this. From what I saw this weekend, you Texas boys can't be taught nuthin' :P

You may be right about that. :huh:

Been looking for scores????

Want to see if they was just palying around. (like they do most the time at monthlys)

Think EOT and WR may be about the only time they really step it up.

But even playing they beat me easy.

Want to see if they was just palying around. (like they do most the time at monthlys)

:rolleyes:

The voting results are telling enough. Seems to me that somewhere, there is a disconnect. Last year's proposals didn't seem to fare very well and this year....out of five only one passed? I mean really, who dreams these up and puts them to a vote, anyway? I would think that proposals like this, put to a vote of TG's would have at least been discussed previously and tweaked to not only give the membership the changes they desire but have at least a good chance of passing. None of them really did that this year except for one.

Various potential agenda items are discussed by the TG's throughout the year, many of them surfacing thru the Regional & EOT TG meetings. However, the process for getting the items on the TG Agenda involves submission of a proposal to the Wild Bunch, who approves or disapproves the item; approved items come out on the Agenda. How much tweaking of the proposals happens with the WB, I know not. Disapproved items are not shared with the TG's, so we are unaware of them.

Once the Agenda is published, some discussion happens on the TG Wire, including proposals for wording changes. However, these proposals are only surfaced there; the only ones that get acted upon are those that happen during the Summit. Unfortunately, most TG's don't seem to participate in the TG Wire discussions, either because they choose not to comment or they just don't read the TG Wire (my guesses).

Some TG's (myself included) have wanted some changes in the process to allow the proposals and subsequent discussions to vet through the TG community to the WB, and also allow more time for "tweaking" (verbiage, content, clarity, etc.), but that hasn't happened (yet?). Most times we TG's are unaware of most of the actual agenda items until the Agenda is published.

Clear as mud?

Oh yeah, they were playin'. T-Bone and Nuttin' Graceful bought Ps on almost every stage for shooting Gunfighter when they were signed up as Duelists. Was a hoot and a half to watch though. One stage called for pistols to be shot on five targets; sweep from the left AND THEN from the right. T=Bone's starting line was, "I'd like to buy a P". He pulled both pistols and shot both sweeps at the same time. Was about all I could stand from laughing so hard. (I gave him a miss along with the P.) :lol:

Grizz,

You do not understand correctly. TGs represent the clubs. When modifications are made at the Summit, they are expected to do their best to vote how they think their club would like them to vote with those modifications. Not how they told them to vote on the original agenda. This has been discussed many times at the Summit.

Regards,

Allie

Grizz,

You do not understand correctly. TGs represent the clubs. When modifications are made at the Summit, they are expected to do their best to vote how they think their club would like them to vote with those modifications. Not how they told them to vote on the original agenda. This has been discussed many times at the Summit.

Regards,

Allie

Some clubs instruct their TG or proxy to vote as the item was originally worded in the agenda, or as written when club voted. Be it right or wrong it happens a lot. Biggest issue is that while many of items on agenda were discussed at WR, EOT, state and regional TG meetings, usually only concepts are discussed not actual wording. When final draft words are written there has been no way for TGs to comment until final agenda was released for clubs to vote.

Grizz,

Regards,

Allie

Fair enough Allie, and I don't have a problem with that. But I also don't see a problem with that process taking place over several weeks on the TG wire. Some sort of process would be helpful, such as a set amount of time for comments and suggested changes or whatever, then an electronic vote, either by email or whatever.

I find it difficult to understand why item #4 Ladies Wardrobe would not pass. Let the Ladies wear what the want. WOW

Maybe it's because the ladies that are currently shooting the category didn't want their category to become like every other category. :D

I got the scores up this evening: Eldorado Cowboys

See November, not December!!

You might need to refresh the screen...if you checked them earlier it might be holding the old on in cache.

I just want to mention how proud I am of my hubby, Petticoat Chaser.

He came in 8th over all. Considering they were shooting borrowed guns in the cold and high winds, I think that's pretty good.

He had fun....so did I, staying in the van with the other ladies that didn't brave the cold.

I just want to mention how proud I am of my hubby, Petticoat Chaser.

He came in 8th over all. Considering they were shooting borrowed guns in the cold and high winds, I think that's pretty good.

He had fun....so did I, staying in the van with the other ladies that didn't brave the cold.

His scores is WRONG! It doesn't include the P he should have gotten. Stage specifically called for shooter to start with one hand on pistol and the other hand on your hat. He wasn't wearing a hat. :P

His scores is WRONG! It doesn't include the P he should have gotten. Stage specifically called for shooter to start with one hand on pistol and the other hand on your hat. He wasn't wearing a hat. :P

He TRIED to wear his hat... He WANTED to wear his hat...

the wind was blowing so hard it wouldn't stay on his head!!

Hey Philly - I'm gonna side with CL and PC on this one...

Besides, I see an SDQ on your score sheet...

Stage #5 was shotgun - rifle - pistols. When transitioning from shotgun to rifle I somehow got the tip of my middle finger pinched in the action of the shotgun. I didn't notice until I got to the unloading table and saw blood all over the place. I was still bleeding when we got to stage #6 so I decided not to shoot it. :(

OUCH!

Bummer, but at least it sounds like you got some good blood out of it. I hate it when it hurts like heck but no blood or bruise.

I am sorry about your misfortune, but that won't stop me from poking fun at cha! :D

I can just see you now, showing me which finger got pinched :D :D :D

Grizz

OUCH!

Bummer, but at least it sounds like you got some good blood out of it. I hate it when it hurts like heck but no blood or bruise.

I am sorry about your misfortune, but that won't stop me from poking fun at cha! :D

If you ever stop poking fun at me I might think you don't love me anymore. :wub:

I can just see you now, showing me which finger got pinched :D :D :D

Grizz

I'm even showing you the other one for comparison. :lol:

Archived