SASS Wire Forum

Lead Dispencer on Top Shots

Try as I might, I cannot watch that show. It has so little to do with shooting and marksmanship.

Goody, I am with you on this. I watched a little of the first season, but there was not enough shooting as there was whining, and why they were going to kick someone off. I just don't find it interesting enough.

I think the show has matured a bit over the 1st two seasons. This season seems like the shooting is a bit more challenging. The vintage or replica firearms are a fun dimension. Would have loved to do the the shootoff from the stagecoach! And the Gatling gun? Not sure about next week, I ain't much interested in edged weapons as projectiles.

Spence was great. Shooting a gattling gun would have been greater!

At $36,000, I don't think too many people will be owning one of those reproduction Bulldogs... it sure eats up the ammo though. It would be a hoot to shoot.

Boring, scripted no reality, reality show. How can they call them top shots if some one needs to show them how to shoot as basic a gun as you can get?

Just watching that garbage will drop your IQ 10 points and just because they shoot guns dosent make it any better.

A soap opera with guns is still a soap opera

Goody, I am with you on this. I watched a little of the first season, but there was not enough shooting as there was whining, and why they were going to kick someone off. I just don't find it interesting enough.

The History Channel in general sucks! Used to be an ok, at best, channel with, well, history!

:FlagAm: If you would like to shoot a real Gatlin gun, there were 2 available at End of Trail this year. Cost to shoot was $40 for 20 black powder 45-70 rounds down range. As they stayed busy most of the time, I would think they will be back next year.

The same people also had a cannon and a machine gun that could be fired.

McKenzie-who will try the gatlin gun next year- River Drifter

Perfect show to dvr. Next day I watch it during the commercials of whatever I'm watching. I can watch the shooting parts during the commercials of one one-hour show.

Cash

No doubt that most of the show is scripted, and has less to do with actual shooting than we might like. I don't watch the show, although I have seen a few of them. I would rather spend my TV time watching something that has real value, and is true to life. You know, something from the World Wrestling Federation. :wacko:

Snakebite :rolleyes:

At $36,000, I don't think too many people will be owning one of those reproduction Bulldogs... it sure eats up the ammo though. It would be a hoot to shoot.

Indeed they are! Gattling guns are a bunch of fun.

Archived