SASS Wire Forum

Nascar Pre-race Invocation

Cypress Sun

And all the people chuckled Amen!

Not quite....I frequent several NASCAR type forums and the majority of race fans arn't very happy about his "prayer" <_< Bet it is the last time he is invited to do the invocation at a NASCAR race :o

I doubt the good Lord is gonna send the preacher to hell over it. I am a NASCAR fan and thought it certainly 'spiced up' the normal well-to-do prayer usually given. A no call in my book.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

C'mon NASCAR fans, lighten up!

Not quite....I frequent several NASCAR type forums and the majority of race fans arn't very happy about his "prayer" <_< Bet it is the last time he is invited to do the invocation at a NASCAR race :o

A few years ago during Lent our Bishop was visiting us for the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts. He wasn't going to be a celebrant, so it wasn't a hierarchical service, but sometimes there are small differences just because the ruling Bishop is there. I asked if there was anything different. He said "Yes. During the Entrance, you hop on one foot, swing the censer around your head and make a noise like a chicken."

Sometimes a little levity is good for the soul.

By the way, no, I didn't.

ADDED:

I'm not saying that I'm particularly fond of what that preacher did and would not personally say a prayer like that. But God MUST have a sense of humor...He made man, after all.

I'm not saying that I'm particularly fond of what that preacher did and would not personally say a prayer like that. But God MUST have a sense of humor...He made man, after all.

And Tapirs. What's with those things anyway? :blink:

I thought it was all in good fun, and I'm sure God didn't mind. Since we are spiritually in the image of God, a sense of humor shouldn't be foreign in worship. I bet this Minister has probably seen an increase in his Sunday congregation. I wouldn't mind sitting through a service when in Nashville.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Archived