SASS Wire Forum

Sunday evening winding down

Grizzly Dave

Been a busy weekend so far, kinda looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow and not doing much of anything all day.

But until then, might as well hang out here a while.

Grizz sits down at the back table in the Saloon and grabs a deck of cards. Bottles! Bring me two bottles and a handful of glasses.

Poor Murphy the dog is going nuts, he has made it his sole purpose in life tonight to bark at every fire cracker that goes off. I reckon by the end of tomorrow night he's gonna be pretty hoarse.

Been a busy weekend so far, kinda looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow and not doing much of anything all day.

But until then, might as well hang out here a while.

Grizz sits down at the back table in the Saloon and grabs a deck of cards. Bottles! Bring me two bottles and a handful of glasses.

Poor Murphy the dog is going nuts, he has made it his sole purpose in life tonight to bark at every fire cracker that goes off. I reckon by the end of tomorrow night he's gonna be pretty hoarse.

I'm way ahead of ya, Grizz !!!

Pour me some Bulliet, will ya ?

You do manage to spill a lot of drinks, Grizz. :lol:

This is the first Independence Day we haven't had a pet. In a way it is kind of nice. We were treated last night to someone popping off some sort of fireworks and didn't have to spend hours trying to keep 80 pounds of frantic black dog from climbing onto our shoulders or get behind the books on the book shelves. Kestrel was a wonderful, laid back, easy going dog. But any bang or pop sent him frantic with fear. Even loud voices got him agitated.

Aint got a problem wif dat Badger....

Hell.......I'll even pour !!!

Maybe Captin Jack and Murrpy can sing us a tune ................

I sometimes wonder why the idiots have to set them off in the middle of the night. I suspect alcohol may be involved. In some cases it is just lack of judgment.

I keep asking myself if these idiots like to hear bang so much, why don't the buy a gun and go to a range and go bang all they want. Well, a gun in the hands of such folks may not be a wise idea. :blink:

Thanks Hawk. Hey Grizz, you gonna deal them cards or look at the pictures?

I be kinda tired so I'll just have one and then visit with you fellers, any more than that and I'd be snoring.

Hopefully some gals will wander in and liven up the place.

Ok, if we are gonna palaver, I got something to say.

I got to looking around the computer today and found some stuff on the Lyman Great Plains Rifle.

I have lusted for one of these thing for years, but I just can't bring myself to go back to the Holy Black.

I still think that is one sweet rifle.

I sometimes wonder why the idiots have to set them off in the middle of the night. I suspect alcohol may be involved. In some cases it is just lack of judgment.

YEAH! 2300 is understandable. But setting off a new round at 0200 really sucks for the neighbors.

Well in light of the fact that it is illegal to set off boom booms I have a hard time understanding it.

Now it they would get a Great Plains Rifle and take that and a can of BP to the range, they could have some real fun.

Ok, if we are gonna palaver, I got something to say.

I got to looking around the computer today and found some stuff on the Lyman Great Plains Rifle.

I have lusted for one of these thing for years, but I just can't bring myself to go back to the Holy Black.

I still think that is one sweet rifle.

I want one like dat also. Have fer a few years now.

Just can't afford one now,...........being in da disable cat.

Yep, dollar shortage seems to be the big issue with a lot of folks now. Yours truly included.

I probably should not have bought that little CZ .22 but she seduced me. :rolleyes:

It is not like I don't have a muzzle stuffer with a big mouth. That .58 Cal 2 band is a hoot. :)

Fellers, I'm goin to look fer Whiskey Bussiness. B)

She's lurking round here somwhars.

And don't touch my drink or my cards.........I gott'em counted !! :angry:

Fellers, I'm goin to look fer Whiskey Bussiness. B)

She's lurking round here somwhars.

And don't touch my drink or my cards.........I gott'em counted !! :angry:

She might be down by the Drivel thread or the We done it thead. Most likely got the skillet out

and is trying to get Chickasaw, Backwater, and Wallaby in line. I ain't there so I am safe......for now. :lol:

She might be down by the Drivel thread or the We done it thead. Most likely got the skillet out

and is trying to get Chickasaw, Backwater, and Wallaby in line. I ain't there so I am safe......for now. :lol:

I think she's on her way now, Badger.

Ah....Before you high-tail it out of here, can wake Grizz fr me.

Can't think wif him sorin like dat !!

Hey everybody! Back from the Drivel and We done it threads, fresh dents in the skillet. Blackwater, CB and WJ all have slightly altered noggins. BMC, your never safe.

Okie, stop tryin to peak at everbodys cards.

Watched a WWII movie last night, added a M1 carbine to the wish list. Not enough in the cookie jar though. Speakin of cookies, got some fresh baked chocolate chip pecan cookies, warm out of the oven. Need some help with those, if y'all buy me a bourbon to dunk them in.

For them kinds of cookies, you can have just about anything to drunk yer little heart desires.

Cookies with pecans iz soooooo gud... :)

Heck fir, anything with pecans is gud.

Those little M1 Carbines are nice little rifles. The Have gone up in price some however. :unsure:

(The cards are re-dealt )

Now..............Dis is more to my likin '!!! :lol:

Grizz, I'll take a beer, thank yea kindly. Imported, if'n your pocket will stretch that far.

Oh, and four fingers of Scotch for my 125 pound Cherman Shedder police dog, who's trying to make like a chihuahauhuahua ever time a Lady Finger firework pops. Tough time of year to have those radar ears.

Grizz, I'll take a beer, thank yea kindly. Imported, if'n your pocket will stretch that far.

Oh, and four fingers of Scotch for my 125 pound Cherman Shedder police dog, who's trying to make like a chihuahauhuahua ever time a Lady Finger firework pops. Tough time of year to have those radar ears.

Well, Capt. Jack is sleeping behind my chair right now. That is just fine with both of us. The war seems to have started. I have not seen any red coats as yet. Locked and loaded though.

Mr Murphy has been in and out of the house so many times we should have a revolving door. He opens the wood framed sliding glass door by himself. Gonna have to replace that thing with french doors before we sell this place, but I think that'll be one of the last things we do.

Well, Capt. Jack is sleeping behind my chair right now. That is just fine with both of us. The war seems to have started. I have not seen any red coats as yet. Locked and loaded though.

Dang if I only had the M1 carbine. Take care of those red coats in order!

Sarge, poor fellow, is gettin up in years, his bad hearin spares him from the firecracker frenzy though. Laid out by my chair right now, sleepin like a baby.

Nother bourbon please?

Grizz, Pour the little lady another Bourbon.

Captain Jack went to bed. He is ok in the house, but no way I am going to get him out to water the trees. Guess I will have to get up at 0200 and take him out.

That M1 Carbine would make a fine Red Coat gun or even a Zombie shooter. Might want to double tap right regular tho.

Dang if I only had the M1 carbine. Take care of those red coats in order!

Sarge, poor fellow, is gettin up in years, his bad hearin spares him from the firecracker frenzy though. Laid out by my chair right now, sleepin like a baby.

Nother bourbon please?

Hey Lady - you gotta get you a Garand - not a mouse phart carbine. Heck fire - that gun had trouble takin out lil Chinese guys in Korea, never mind

full size bad guys. Get yourself one of Patton's favorites! The carbine is what you carry when you can't shoot a real pistol, not what you use when

you meant to grab a rifle.

SC

P.S. - outta Bourbon, got a few varieties of Scotland's best if you're ever of a mind to walk on the wild side though!!!

Evening Grizz, Badg, Chick, and of course, Ms. Biz.

Long day. Good day. Dinner with the parents. Bought the War Department a new BBQ grill, which I won't be allowed to touch. Then she drops some hat boxes on my desk and knocks over a tall glass of flavored water. On my papers. And leaves. Without so much as a "Sucks to be you."

<Sigh>

Any more Bourbon?

SC, the Garands are real nice, don't have the reach though. Got Bucky a Mosin Nagant for his birthday last week. With the bayonet attached, stands about as tall as me.

About that scotch, what do you recommend?

Oh, and Uno, the sucks to be you is always implied.

What Grizz sed, and put some ice in it too. Man needs some TLC for fair.

Well, just about time for this old coot to hit the sack.

Gotta go set the alarm to wake up in the dead of night.

Off the record, heard on the raaadio today that they, whoever they is, spotted some Grizzly bears in the Cascades. Looks like I gonna have to invite Grizz over for a bear hunt.

Archived