SASS Wire Forum

Bring a Pink Pistol To a Fight

Subdeacon Joe

Meghan Brown had fired her pink .38-caliber handgun only inside a shooting range. Even there, she said, she wasn't very good.

The 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, 25 and a slender brunet, had trouble pulling back the trigger. When she did manage, she said she almost never hit the target.

That Saturday was different.

A man barged into her home, attacking her and beating her fiance. Adrenaline pumping, she fetched the gun from her bedroom. She trained it on the man, following his movements as he tussled with her fiance.

She saw an opening. She pulled the trigger. Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Albert F. Hill, 42, never got up.

"I'm glad it was me," Brown said. "Not everybody else is that prepared, you know what I mean. Not everybody else is walking around with a loaded .38.

So, once again the night time fantasies of the antis is shown to have no basis in reality. No guns blazing. No 'shoot first." Doesn't sound as if she has had any combat training. But once again an honest citizen acted rationally and put paid to a thug.

Meghan Brown had fired her pink .38-caliber handgun only inside a shooting range. Even there, she said, she wasn't very good.

So, once again the night time fantasies of the antis is shown to have no basis in reality. No guns blazing. No 'shoot first." Doesn't sound as if she has had any combat training. But once again an honest citizen acted rationally and put paid to a thug.

That is the truth, i don't keep a 38 by my bed, its a 12 gauge, so I won't miss.

Good for her. I know nobody wants to be in that situation or deal with the aftermath, but clearly she took her training seriously even if she wasn't "very good," and had the ability to stay calm in such a situation.

Not to sound cold and callous, but she also saved herself a lot of grief and the taxpayers a lot of money in the legal system.

Oh, the thugs girlfriend says he was changing his life and it's too bad he was killed.

snork.

Grizz, some folks change their lives more than they change their underwear.

Not always for the better though.

It is a cliche, but true: "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

She did the right thing.

Buena suerte,

eGG

It IS too bad he was killed- his death is the 2nd worst scenario for the young lady who shot him. The 1st worst- by far- is for her to be raped and killed by the goblin, and her boyfriend killed, as well. The best scenario would have been for the perp to have stayed home and watch "COPS", or something. Thanks to her coolness in a ridiculously stressful situation, she avoided the 1st worst outcome. I hope her life won't be too complicated by the after-effects of that unfortunate necessity. There are emotional issues that can come up, even in a completely justifiable slaying, which this looks to be. All best wishes for the young lady and her boyfriend.

Oh, the thugs girlfriend says he was changing his life and it's too bad he was killed.

snork.

Guess he was just too slow.

Good riddance. Like that line from one of those silly "My Name is Nobody" movies, "It ain't good for some folks to live too long."

Thought I was gonna have to plug a punk t'other night. I went thru a drive thru beer barn to get me a cold one after work, and somebody in a pickup was kinda off to the side of the line just settin' there blabbin'. After a while I decided he must not be in line and pulled around him. Next thing I know this tattooed freak is cussin' me and flipping me off for cutting in line! There was another vehicle in front of me so I had to sit there a few minutes while this guy ranted and raved. I said nothing, just kept an eye on him in the rear view while I puffed my seegar and waited for the guy in front to get thru. One of the girls that worked there started chewing a strip off him for misbehaving. I did have the console open and the case to my Smith 19 unzipped just in case the dirt bag got out of his truck to start some serious s.......stuff. He didn't as it turned out, and I finally got to leave.

There was a 21 year old "kid" killed in a similar road rage incident in Abilene a few weeks ago. He looked to be the kind that needed it, but all in all I had no great desire to shoot him. Just wanted to get to the house and enjoy my beer, didn't have time for no nonsense like a shooting.

JHC

Drive through liquor stores? Man, Texas is seriously civilized.

Glad you came though all right.

BTW, who opens their door to a knock, at 3 am, without a Glock, before coffee?

Somebody expecting a delivery? Of what?

I wuz wondering about that myself, Uno. :blink:

Apparently, from what the guy said, it wasn't uncommon for friends to drop by after leaving a near by club.

It wasn't unusual for friends to come by at such a late hour. One of Brown's friends had stopped by a month ago at that time. The couple always offered one of their beds to people who were too drunk to drive home from a nearby bar. Brown said she went to the front door thinking it must be a friend.

Although this:

The knock came about 3 a.m.

It was a friendly rhythm, Brown said — bop bodda bop bop, bop, bop.

makes me think there is a lot more to the story.

I wuz wondering about that myself, Uno. :blink:

My friends know if they come knocking at 3 am, they'll be 'splainin' things to me, Mr. Gaston Glock, two cranky German Shepherds, and the uber-cranky Mizzus. And most, if not all, of the story will be spoken through a locked door.

'course, for them to go through all that - it's gonna be a GREAT story.

That is the truth, i don't keep a 38 by my bed, its a 12 gauge, so I won't miss.

Most times , I sleep wif a 1911 , 45acp under my piller , loaded to da hilt , cept fer one round.

Unload it on da weekends , to let da mag spring rest.....

Rest of da time , I'm like ole JW....got a loaded 45LC single action on my hip.

Why a single action ? Why ifin' I can't hit a prep wif one shot , why do I need more !!!

Lady Hawk is a sure shot !!! ;)

I hope this goes no further (litigation). Still she had to be there when the thug died. Never having killed someone it still must be hard watching that man die. My hope, my prayer is that she has peace tonight and forward over this incident and it never invades her dreams.

It easy to say the thug got what he deserved. While we may benefit by having one less thug in the world, lets remember her and fiance paid the freight. Lets all hope she sleeps well tonight...

I hope this goes no further (litigation). Still she had to be there when the thug died. Never having killed someone it still must be hard watching that man die. My hope, my prayer is that she has peace tonight and forward over this incident and it never invades her dreams.

It easy to say the thug got what he deserved. While we may benefit by having one less thug in the world, lets remember her and fiance paid the freight. Lets all hope she sleeps well tonight...

You don't want to know.....:unsure:

That had ta hurt; "Brown, who reigned as the 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, snatched her gun from a nearby bedroom and shot the suspect several times – hitting him in the chest, groin, thigh and back".

But still nice to see a happy ending. I wish the best for her and her beau in these trying times to come.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/#ixzz1HNTXyuWL

When a burly ex-convict forced his way into a posh Florida home last week, he had no idea what awaited him -- a 25-year-old beauty queen with a pink .38-caliber handgun.

Meghan Brown, a former Florida pageant queen, shot and killed 42-year-old Albert Franklin Hill during a home invasion March 12 at the 2,732-square-foot house she shares with her fiance in Tierra Verde, Fla.

Hill barged into the home at around 3 a.m. after Brown responded to a knock at the front door, according to a police report. He allegedly grabbed the 110-pound Brown around her nose and mouth and dragged her to an upstairs bedroom.

The woman’s fiance, Robert Planthaber, said in an interview that he was quickly awakened by the altercation and ran to Brown’s side.

"I attacked him and took a severe beating to the head," Planthaber told FoxNews.com. "But I got him off of her long enough for her to scramble to the room where she keeps her pink .38 special.”

Brown, who reigned as the 2009 Miss Tierra Verde, snatched her gun from a nearby bedroom and shot the suspect several times – hitting him in the chest, groin, thigh and back, her fiance said. Hill was pronounced dead at the scene.

Panthaber, a 42-year-old arborist, said he believes he and his fiancee were targeted because of their wealth. He claimed a pizza delivery man and possible accomplice staked out the home for three months before Hill attempted to burglarize it.

“We live in a very prominent area and my fiancee wears a $60,000 engagement ring,” he said. “The pizza man knew we had money because sometimes we needed change for a $100 bill when he came to deliver pizza.”

Hill had a criminal record stretching back nearly three decades -- including arrests for burglary, battery, drug possession and grand theft. He reportedly served a 13-year prison term in 1987 and was released in September after serving a fourth term behind bars.

Detectives with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Robbery/Homicide Unit are still investigating the crime but believe the motive was robbery, according to local press reports. They say they haven’t yet determined the relationship, if any, Hill had with the couple. A police report said the ex-convict demanded money before the altercation between Hill and Panthaber ensued.

Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

“She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped.

Archived