SASS Wire Forum

Thanks to Brother King and Calico Cowgirl!

Wolf Bane, SASS 13557

Talk about awesome zombies! If there was a SASS class for zombie cowboys and cowgirls, Brother King and Calico Cowgirl would be sweeping it going away! In fact, Brother King definitely looks better dead than Classic Cowboy. JOKING! JOKING! The only issue was convincing Calico Cowgirl not to giggle when she was mowed down with an M60 machine gun, but it was really cool when a door fell on her head.

Just another day in paradise...

Seriously, thank you guys for coming out, and I hope you had as good a time as I did. YOU WERE BOTH MAGNIFICENT! I'm going to try and post a bit of video on my weekly video podcast on DOWN RANGE TV tomorrow!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Brother King & Calico Cowgirl

brother-king.html

PS: Did you know that you could set a zombie on fire with a 5-in-1 movie blank when fired point blank (yes yes...body armor with ceramic plate!) from a Rossi Ranch Hand mare's leg in .44 Magnum? Well, there you are!

Calico Cowgirl and I arrived at the shoot location in Nederland CO at 9am sharp. We got done with make-up ZOMBIE TRANSFORMATION at about 11am. Our scene segment with other zombies shot at about 6 pm.

I got home about 9pm and now I see that Wolf Bane posted this at midnight. Are you some kind of vampire, Wolf Bane? He was there the day before shooting until 8-9pm. And now he's back again today. Someone told me that Downrange TV has shot some 800 1/2 hour episodes in 4 years. If they're all this involved with makeup artists, producers, directors, actors, etc. then I have no idea how cowboy Wolf Bane ever has time for shooting SASS.

What is even more impressive is that Indiana Jackson searches locations, keeps the schedule humming, coordinates, recruits, feeds everyone and smiles the whole time. Make no mistake, my cowboy friends- this is a ton of work.

Tell Charlie Sheen's producers that I'm not ready for the big screen life. Although I had so much screamin' fun kickin' through two hollow core doors and getting shot by a M60 machine gun that I'd do it again tomorrow.

Bro King, you gonna show up at Pawnee looking like that? If so, I think we better have an aid car on standby!

Glad you two made it up there. Sounds like a lot of work, but I sure you managed to have some fun with it also.

GW

Calico Cowgirl and I arrived at the shoot location in Nederland CO at 9am sharp. We got done with make-up ZOMBIE TRANSFORMATION at about 11am. Our scene segment with other zombies shot at about 6 pm.

I got home about 9pm and now I see that Wolf Bane posted this at midnight. Are you some kind of vampire, Wolf Bane? He was there the day before shooting until 8-9pm. And now he's back again today. Someone told me that Downrange TV has shot some 800 1/2 hour episodes in 4 years. If they're all this involved with makeup artists, producers, directors, actors, etc. then I have no idea how cowboy Wolf Bane ever has time for shooting SASS.

What is even more impressive is that Indiana Jackson searches locations, keeps the schedule humming, coordinates, recruits, feeds everyone and smiles the whole time. Make no mistake, my cowboy friends- this is a ton of work.

Tell Charlie Sheen's producers that I'm not ready for the big screen life.

So wheres the pictures with the makeup?

All I can find (blood and all) look pretty much like he always does!! :lol: (that dadgummed shotgun anyway) :lol:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway (just funning with ya) Kid

I forgot to tell about the best part.... the play-acting. It wasn't until I was about 1/2 way back down Boulder canyon (sans makeup) that I realized what fun it had been to 1) kick through two hollow-core doors on two takes 2) get all made up like a zombie by real makeup artists and 3)get shot by a M60 machine gun. This was the best part.

As a kid playing cowboys we had to jerk and die whether the sound was BANG BANG BANG OR Pop Pop Pop. But a real 60 going off at full auto has a certain real-feel that's hard to describe. Especially when it's shot in a small inside space- WOW.. it's loud, powerful and you can definitely feel the heat from the blanks.

That would've been so much fun, wish I was closer to play too!

Always remember though, shoot them in the head BEFORE you set them on fire.

Safe trails,

C(what loves them zombie movies)Kid

I have to say it was pretty scary getting shot at at close range even though you knew they were blanks! It was most entertaining to watch Brother King take that door down twice, Wahoo!! But it really was an experience watching the make up artists and like he said the amazing amount of planning and work to make a few minutes of film. Wolfbane and Indiana were amazing and so were all the others. On the way home I stopped at 7-eleven and forgot I still had blood in my hair and down my neck, grey face, black eyes and blood all down my clothes, the little guy there never said a word!!

The guy probably works night shift and he's used to strange looking folks or those Goth people. Sounds like you guys had fun.

LL'

Wolf Bane

Ya can't just shoot a Zombie and hope they'll go away; they're already dead so they're just gonna git up again.

They might be a little raggedy but they're still gonna try ta git ya.

Ya really hafta blow them into little bitty pieces. Grenades are good for individual zombies.

Nukes work well fer ridding an infestation of zombies unfortunately the neighbors tend to complain some (the ones on the outlying areas).

And nukes tend to increase production costs considerable.

Hope this helps in your future zombie-eradication episodes.

Waimea (Zombie-ologist)

:FlagAm:

Archived