SASS Wire Forum

Here we go again

The Original Bad Bob

Howdy,

the real problem is that if someone has a clean record they can buy all sorts of serious firepower.

I dont see how smaller magazines are a big solution, just another way to grab grab grab.

Best

CR

There are plenty of people with serious mental problems who have never gotten any proper treatment for it, never been arested for anything, and it is perfectly legal for them to purchase handguns. There is nothing anyone can do about that.

These are the ones who do this stuff.

Stay vigilant. If there were vigilant armed citizens nearby when this happened, they might have been able to stop him.

Stay vigilant. If there were vigilant armed citizens nearby when this happened, they might have been able to stop him.

There was, and he couldn't.

Not that I'm in favor of gun control, but I don't think this particular case is going to help anybody on either side of the argument.

It is illegal to kill a person! (I wont ask about whether congress critters qualify.)

The problem is that we don't do the right thing when they are caught.

We need to set examples by the timely use of the death penalty!

If the death penalty is applied it is applied well after the memory has been lost.

I posted tis on another thread and was too lazy to re-type it.

People do these things because they are not normal and don’t have a place in our society. By denying that and making excuses for them and furthermore blaming the method they use to commit the act is simply a waste of time. People are lazy so he choose the “easiest” route to pull off his deranged act….that’s all. If you take guns away then the method will change but the problems won’t go away. He could have just as easily drove a car into the crowd and probably killed more people than he did with the gun…….so would we then ban cars. There are WAY too many ways to hurt people and thinking you can just ban the tools instead of addressing the problem is juvenile and should viewed as an insult your intelligence in my opinion. This media circus is just a platform for folks to push an agenda in the wake a human tragedy…..personally it makes me sick.

I agree with Captain Bill Burt

If during the crime they open fire with a gun and people gets shot or killed, then that person is guilty, no if ands or buts and no lawyers to say they are insane. If they are able to pain it, get in and do it without getting stoped they are not so crazy.

Just take them out and exicute them within days of the crime not years later costing the state money while they are sitting is prison

It is illegal to kill a person! (I wont ask about whether congress critters qualify.)

If the death penalty is applied it is applied well after the memory has been lost.

My point was that making something illegal doesn't mean people will stop doing it. I'm sure you've heard the old saw if guns are made illegal only criminals will have them?

I like what Mr. Heinlein said "An armed society is a polite society."

My point was that making something illegal doesn't mean people will stop doing it. I'm sure you've heard the old saw if guns are made illegal only criminals will have them?

I like what Mr. Heinlein said "An armed society is a polite society."

Exactly!!!!! if someone had a gun ,or better yet many had guns that guy would have been taken out. Many people could havr been saved in many cases if we were all Armed

He could have just as easily drove a car into the crowd and probably killed more people than he did with the gun…….so would we then ban cars.

I've heard that arguement before and it's a flawed arguement. Cars are not comparable to guns.

As much as I love guns and shooting there is only so much the masses will endure of all this killing, which handgun crimes are a daily event in this country. I hate to say it, but the days of semiauto pistols and rifles are numbered.

I can read the writing on the wall.

I hope I'm wrong.

Arizona is an Open Carry and Concealed Carry state without the need of a permit.

Not one person returned fire that I have heard about.

My opinion is that those who do carry legally are so afraid of what will happen to them if they do the Right thing that they do NOTHING when the time comes.

I also believe if the bad guy is caught in the act that a trail should follow with in 30 days. Then if it's a capital crime, the death penalty should be applied with in 90 days.

I don't believe in laws that are made to deter others. It doesn't work. The laws should punish the guilt and get them off the street so they are no longer a threat and can't do it again. I don't care if it deters anyone else. Punishment is for the person who committed the crime. Not those who are thinking about it.

I can see I better stop here. If I go on it would certainly get this thread pulled.

My opinion is that those who do carry legally are so afraid of what will happen to them if they do the Right thing that they do NOTHING when the time comes.

I think you are correct.

You can blame our nation of lawyers for that. (No offense meant to any lawyers that may be here.) I believe I read somewhere that the USA has more lawyers per capita than any other nation on Earth.

It is NOT "illegal to kill a person" :blush:

It's called SELF DEFENSE :FlagAm:

What happened in Az. was MURDER.........

Respectfully,

LG

Arizona is an Open Carry and Concealed Carry state without the need of a permit.

Not one person returned fire that I have heard about.

I also believe if the bad guy is caught in the act that a trail should follow with in 30 days. Then if it's a capital crime, the death penalty should be applied with in 90 days.

I don't believe in laws that are made to deter others. It doesn't work. The laws should punish the guilt and get them off the street so they are no longer a threat and can't do it again. I don't care if it deters anyone else. Punishment is for the person who committed the crime. Not those who are thinking about it.

I can see I better stop here. If I go on it would certainly get this thread pulled.

I don't think there would be anyone in that group that would be a armed citizen, all of these folks don't think they should be allowed to own a gun mus less be carrying one.

If it had of happened in S.C no one would have been carrying there ether the law says you can't carry to a political meeting.

If I could have it may way, if you could buy a gun legally you should be able to carry it at all times, and in this case he would not be a burden to the state and would not need a lawyer.

Exactly!!!!! if someone had a gun ,or better yet many had guns that guy would have been taken out. Many people could havr been saved in many cases if we were all Armed

Many people in Arizona exercise their right to carry a concealed weapon.

However, carrying a weapon for self defense is one thing...

Being properly trained, experienced, and prepared with a specific mindset that will enable you to instantly respond effectively in a deadly situation like this is another thing entirely.

Pure SWAG on your part. :blush:

How would you ID the " active shooter" at ground level(where you would be)?

It was over in seconds.........

There was no ""clear" shot to be taken.

It was a bad deal all around!

Cheers,

LG

In this particular case there was one man who pulled his concealed handgun and aimed it at a man holding the gun. He yelled at the guy to drop the glock. The man holding the gun didn't drop it so the guy with the concealed gun pushed the man holding the gun into a wall. The man still didn't drop the gun, but the armed citizen still didn't fire. That was lucky. The man holding the gun had just disarmed the shooter who was by that time being held down by some other citizens.. Had the armed citizen shot he would have killed one of the real heros in this case. Running armed into a situation is fraught with danger for all concerned.

For me the real issue is why didn't anybody identify the shooter as having serious mental problems. They kicked him out of class because of his behavior. Didn't anybody feel the need to contact mental health authorities? One of our real problems in this country is we don't treat mental illness seriously enough.

I just got back from the UK this early AM. .....

When citizens in that nation could still own guns legaly, to see a Bobbie even armed with a revolver was extreemly rare ,now they cruse through Heathrow (yesterday) with Full-auto carbines, body armor, and a semi-auto in Tacticule gear in a groups of three ....

With intence looks ( boardering on fear ) in their eyes , they must have sweapt at least 500 persons with their muzzles....

Guncontrol seems to be working (NOT) just fine for the Brits..........

Jabez Cowboy

Archived