SASS Wire Forum

Loss for Band of Brothers

Dusty Morningwood

RIP MAJ Dick Winters. You were the right guy, in right place, at the right time.....and your leadership inspired your soldiers to do extraordinary things....and your leadership brought many home who may have otherwise perished.

I was studying Dick Winter's leadership and tactics nearly 10 years before Stephen Ambrose wrote the book and two decades before the mini-series. A gutsy, wiley field commander with devotion to his soldiers.

My prayers to his family and to the members of Easy Company who are still among us.....the "company of heroes."

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

What a fine Gentleman and great American Hero (who is M. Vick, Eiemem {SP} etc,etc anyway?) Being a Military retiree and the son of a WW2 Vet, I loved this series. When his troops say, they would follow him to Hell, you know you are talking about a true leader. America needs more of his kind today, especially in Congress or as a National leader.

God Bless the Major and his brave men, all who were Heros to me!

Hoss

RIP Brother, You not only kept the Faith but taught others to do so as well as telling others what true heros are..

One of the best combat leaders who ever lived.Rest in Peace, Major. We will mourn your loss and celebrate your courage.

;) RIP, Major, Sir! You were there when needed, and I'm sure many and their descendents owe their lives to your leadership! Godspeed to you. And Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your humble servant,

Archived