SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172

Somedays, You just can't get an even break

Had to gas up my little RED snow shovel today.

We got about three inches of white stuff mixed with rain. That stuff is heavy.

Not at all like powder.

And then to add insult to injury after I went out and shoveled until my hands got cold,

I get a big drop or three of ice cold water down the neck of my shirt.

I think you folks should feel sorry for me and offer me some sympathy. :rolleyes:

Awwwwww, poor BM Charlie.....

Expecting 5 nches of the stuff here tomorrow, reckon I'd best dig my blower out of the shed, or from the behind the bushes, or where ever it got off to.

I reckon I might ought to find some gas cans and go fill them up as well. they all went dry in the fall, so I left them that way, seemed like nature was doing that to tell me to stop mowing the lawn.

I reckon I might ought to find some gas cans and go fill them up as well. they all went dry in the fall, so I left them that way, seemed like nature was doing that to tell me to stop mowing the lawn.

What to you have against sheep? They will work for food.

Even fertilize you lawn in the process. No more of those dangerous

chemicals and you can sit in the shade and watch them mow. If they

don't do it like you want, you can EAT them.

Sounds like you need to come down here for a break. We're shooting this weekend.... :blink:

Did you get the snow removable equipment out for the "blizzard"?

We still have not seen WSDOT. I guess the guys are all on vacation for Christmas.

They will be out after new years tho. HUH? :blink:

Round these parts if it ain't over a foot, they don't bother plowing, cept maybe the mayors street, the rest of use wait until the sun comes out.

Of course the really deep ones, they watch and wait until I've snow blown my driveway, then come by and plow it shut again.

Reminds me of the Blizzard of '08...when we got over a foot of snow here in North Alabama...

Blizzard of '08

I member that -

Couple them flakes dern near made it over here :blink:

Alas and alack. I fear that I am doomed to be the Rodney Dangerfield of CAS.

NO RESPECT! :blink:

Come on down here, Charlie and you can help me shovel "party cloudy and a 25% chance of showers" off my driveway. :lol:

It is that partly cloudy thingy that scares me, Forty Rod.

We never get partly cloudy up here. We get just plain old all over cloudy.

But it fills the rivers and brings in the steelhead. I am fixin to go chase some

right quick.

Did you get the snow removable equipment out for the "blizzard"?

We still have not seen WSDOT. I guess the guys are all on vacation for Christmas.

They will be out after new years tho. HUH? :blink:

That was on the front porch...we were trapped until it melted :lol:

Had to gas up my little RED snow shovel today.

We got about three inches of white stuff mixed with rain. That stuff is heavy.

Not at all like powder.

And then to add insult to injury after I went out and shoveled until my hands got cold,

I get a big drop or three of ice cold water down the neck of my shirt.

I think you folks should feel sorry for me and offer me some sympathy. :blink:

Oh, gosh I feel so sorry for ya Brother BMCS>> ahhh oppls sorry about the snow ball, well at least I didn't ice pack it.. lol

I feel for ya. I feel so bad I'll drink a beer in your honor. I don't know what the fuss is about a couple inches of snow. Down south they buy up all the bread and milk, shut down the schools and the government. Around here, we don't even think much of it until it gets to half a foot. Even then we just get irritated that we should drive 45 MPH instead of 55+. No one around here drives 55. Around here it is just a suggestion for beginners and those too old to see well. :blink:

well Badger, I feel fer ya, it's 56 degrees here

but we dew hava gentle rain goin' on at the moment.

Havin' sum Vodka Tonics waitin fer tha sun ta crack. :blink:

I can just FEEEL the love.

Actually, I can see out of one side of the skylight now. It must be still daylight.

Oh, the blinds are still closed. I thought the snow had covered the windows. I was going

to send Captain Jack out for the St. Bernard with the cask of brandy under his chin.

Hmmmm. Jack sed, "You go, I am staying here where it is warm and dry."

The storm was mighty strange. It split and went over your area, and went to the south of us, while we had sunshine all day. :blink:

Part of why I moved to SC (well, the military had a say in it too). Too warm for snow to stick mostly (tho it do get cold!). Not like Germany where it was cold and grey 9 mos of the year. I was amazed back in Feb of '10 when we got a huge blizzard here that grounded flights!

The storm was mighty strange. It split and went over your area, and went to the south of us, while we had sunshine all day. :blink:

A pox on the weather man and the horse he rode in on.

Hey BMC

It is suppose to be 60 tommarow , I will cast a line and have a cold one for ya .

The bottom is going to fall out Fri nite , guess its our regulary scheduled New Years storm .

So far this year have not had to move the white stuff , relly don't want to .

CB

Well, 2010 can't be all bad. I just found two boxes of fly tying materials, feathers, and

tinsel that I didn't even know I had. I could be fishing by next year. And that is only

two days away.

Badger,

It's already 29F here an dropin' fast :FlagAm:

Didn't git any white-stuff here,

but it makes these mornin' trips to the MRI a lil' easier.

It has been trying to snow this evening and is dropping fast in temperature. We got a little

corn snow tonight, but nothing serious. I wonder what the roads will be like tomorrow. I did see a sanding truck out earlier this evening. We usually don't get them for several days after the drop.

You can laugh at me tomorrow night, not only did I not get the blower out of the shed or where ever it is, I didn't go fill the gas cans either.

It's OK to be a day early,

an even better if'n yer ahead a $ too :FlagAm:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.