SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Are you using a combination seat/crimp die? This has happened to me before when I have the die body screwed too far down such that the crimp starts being applied before the seating action is completed. I still use the combo dies but I make double sure they're backed off enough not to crimp, and I then crimp in a separate station.
  3. ^^^^^this. Check your crimp die by backing it just a little and see if that cures it. I've had the same problem on my 650 and that is what it was. Kajun
  4. This bag looks interesting. I may get one myself. I have tactical gun bags made by US Peacekeeper. They have mag pouches that will hold 2-30 round AR-15 mags. They also hold a 20 round AR-10 (.308) magazine each. https://www.wiskurtactical.com/prod/GLTRBOOD.html ITEM DESCRIPTION FROM LINK: Olive Drab Green. This quick deployment bag is the perfect bag for the shooter on the move. Constructed from 1000D Nylon, the main compartment includes Velcro backing and MOLLE Straps to attach pouches, or use as a standard carry bag. Features two side utility pockets which feature outside MOLLE Straps for additional gear. Three front magazine pockets can carry two .223 caliber 30rd Magazines in each pocket, for a total of 6. Will not hold 30rd AK Magazines as the magazines are too tall. Comfort back padding for easy carry. Adjustable carry strap with quick-release and removable shoulder pad for over the shoulder carry. Lockable YKK Zippers. Two Year Warranty. Overall Dimensions: 14.5" x 8.25" x 4" Main Compartment: 11" x 8.25" x 4"
  5. Is it possible that you are way over crimping?
  6. Check your cases after each station on the press to find where it’s happening! Also spot check your brass to be sure that the cases don’t need trimming!!
  7. I might start a new thread (not today)... There might be something fun in this.
  8. The front wall is glass. The door is open all the way, 180°, so the door is lying flush against the glass wall. The doorway is completely open. The woman sees the door, pulls it towards her and attempts to walk through the glass wall (thinking it is the open doorway), bouncing off.
  9. ‘Bout got everything packed! A few of my duds are still in the dryer, but I’ll have ‘em in the bag in a little bit. I got my room in the bunkhouse and I broke out my crutches so’s I’ll be abe to get around some. I figure I can sit on my stool and spot or work the unloading table. I DO plan to try to shoot all or part of a few stages, but the doctor has warned me that if I mess this foot up again, she’s gonna do some radical surgery on my noggin!! ANYHOW!! This will be my first time shooting the Kentucky State Match!! I’m looking forward to it and hoping that next year I can shoot the whole thing!! See all y’all in the morning sometime!!! POSSE TEN RIDES AGAIN!!!
  10. Nope. I was thinking of Mad Jack Churchill. Went to war with a broadsword and a longbow.
  11. I will definitely post them I was actually going to take the gun and make it into a “fitz special” Thank you for the heads up I called Smith and Wesson right after I saw this post they’re sending me for screws free of charge to make sure that one of them fitsThank you for the heads up I called Smith and Wesson right after I saw this post they’re sending me for screws free of charge to make sure that one of them fits
  12. Something to consider. If it is already been accepted by the ATF, and is listed with them as exempt, that's great. If it has not been accepted by the ATF, either because it was made after NFA or because the barrel has been bobbed, but it is papered, that's also great. Cost you another $200 over the price of the gun, but it's great. But if it has neither been exempted nor papered, that makes it contraband. Now I don't know how the ATF handles non-registered NFA items. They have had a couple or three times in the past 90 years an amnesty, where you can bring in unpapered items and have them papered. This would usually be machine guns. "Something Daddy brought home from the war." But they are not currently having an amnesty, so I don't know if you had, for example, a gun made in 1920 with a barrel that is shorter than is legal and no paperwork, you can get it papered. I think I would want to see paper from the current owner. If it is registered as an SBR, he has paper. If the ATF exempted it from NFA, he should have paper saying that too.
  13. I am starting to see some reloads that have crinkled brass. It seems to be about every 6th or 7th round out of 10. I am getting ready to take the shell plate off and clean under it and just an overall cleaning of the head. Anyone else have any suggestions or know what is causing this issue? I am only using 3.5 grains of CleanShot so the shell isn't packed with powder. The brass has a nice bell on it and the lead projectile fits into the brass fine. It is crinkled enough that it doesn't fit into my case gauge so catches them but I would like to find the cause and get it corrected. Thanks for any input on this issue. TM
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.