SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've used all 3 to carry .44 cal percussion cylinders for '58 remington, '51 navy, 61 navy, and '60 army with no issues. T.F. Jack
  3. Several years ago, I had a new CZ SxS in my trunk, headed from MA to CT to deliver the gun to Happy Trails for a bit of smoothing. It wasn't until I saw the "Welcome to Connecticut" sign that I realized that I was now in a state that did not honor my permits, and had no sympathy for out-of-staters caught with firearms. Slowed down so as not to give any troopers a reason to pull me over. Not a state to be taken lightly. LL
  4. I tried to pm you about that Beaver Brand hat. Won’t go thru. You can e mail me at sixshooterbob@hotmail.com if you want.
  5. 1861 Whirtney reproduction with display case for sale. Pertinent characteristics: Steel 1861 Whitney .36 Cal; Manufacturer: Double Diamond which was Euomanufactures logo ; Precursor to Palmetto & Pietta Date of Mfg: Unknown -no date code probably from the late 60s early 70s Finish: Very Clean Brown/Patina. No Rust. Barrel Address: Dixie Gun Works, Inc Price: $450.00 shipped
  6. I am trying to find someone who makes/sells 20 gauge lightweight dummy rounds. I have some but they are full weight, for shucking practice I need lightweight rounds. Any help would be appreciated.
  7. Didn’t know that!! My dad was a WOJG in the Air Force during that conflict. Tiny Bubbles!! LOL!!! And thank you for the kind and encouraging words!!
  8. I am of the opposite opinion.
  9. Is there any Cowboys or Cowgirls planning on shooting the Cowboy Rimfire match on Thursday afternoon that have not signed up? Right now we are short enough shooters needed to run a posse and have the match. If you are planning on it and not signed up please let me know. Thanks, Barkeep
  10. W, I have probably shot near a 1000 rounds of 454 ammo thru several 454s, all Freedom Arms. I still own a 6" and 10" although seldom fire them since I have given up most hunting of big game. I also shot a 475 Lin in a M87 FA that was in test and I came to conclusion that the 454 Casull would do all I needed it to do for game and much more versatile in loading A 260 at near 1900 to a 185 at 1400 are favorite loads. Bullseye can give you nice "pussycat" loads with most any bullet if desiring just a practice load. 454 C is one excellent cartridge. I have taken some 18 bull elk with one, including several well over 100 yards, an antelope, pigs, numerous whitetail, and even Mountain goat. If one has the desire, the recoil will not be factor. I guess I was one of those because I practiced with full house loads and actually enjoyed it. But then that's part of the thrill of hunting. Yes, trigger discipline is a must, but it should be with any gun for the serious hunter, especially the handgun hunter. Personally, I would not recommend 454 in Ruger as I feel there are bargains out there on used FAs that would be better. If ever a question, be glad to help. In my IHMSA days, I enjoyed FA 10" M87s in 353, 41, and 44 mag. Such accuracy in revolvers. Note: When I shot the 475 in test I was at a writers event and another writer had just tried it. I was hesitant in trying it but he said that recoil was not bad, "it would just roll to side of your head". He actually was quite right. The recoil was certainly there but handling was not bad since it did have that roll to side on its way up. I do think 454 might be more rearward, bet I have hit my cap/hat brim a time or two.
  11. LPL Bullets is an authorized dealer for molycoated Bear Creek Bullets, lead Outlaw Bullets, and lead and polycoated LPL Bullets.
  12. I would like to sell my Pedersoli Trapdoor rifle in 45/70 with the 32" barrel. Cabelas name is stamped on the rifle. Selling price will be $900.00 plus shipping from my FFL to your FFL. The shipping cost will be cheaper if I use my FFL which is fine for me. Pictures are attached. Thanks, DC May consider a single shot rifle in 357.
  13. Again watching You Tube more and more officers/Cities etc. are getting sued over false arrest. As in illegal detainment, no actual crime was committed, officer overstepping RAS. Lots of money being paid out. More and more citizens are pushing back against civil rights abuse by officers. Ike
  14. Hoss

Berm

berms are a good thng, for lots of reasons. That being said I dont care all that much for downrange movement. seems like somebody always forgets to prpoerly stage their rifle, or when done turns around and has gun pointed uprange. in my opinion many (not all or even most) stages with downrange mvemen seem contrived and more trouble than they are worth.
  15. Today
  16. I have shot a Freedom Arms M87 with full power loads. Five shots were enough to last me for a life time. Duffield
  17. I think I made the right decision to take my name out of the running for the position. I would end up in jail for sure. TM
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.