SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I thought you were already confused but what do I know
  3. First let me say, as a horseman, I am a greenhorn. But I have an inherited interest and appreciation of these wonderful animals. My paternal Grandfather and maternal Grandfather, having grown up with horses as the main method of transportation, gave me that. They both possessed a keen eye for horseflesh. My question however, is "Why do riders almost always mount from the left side?" I sometimes see exceptions to that in Hollywood films, but otherwise, not so much. I said I was a greenhorn. Move over Alpo. I got questions too.
  4. I finally watched it a while back. Mainly because it was so critically acclaimed. I didn't know anything else about the movie. I didn't care for it and see no reason to ever watch it again. It reinforced my feelings that any "critically acclaimed" movie isn't worth watching. That's just my two cents worth. Angus
  5. Why can't she go by her own dinner?
  6. I had not seen the movie before and last night rented and watched 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. I can't figure out if this was a really good movie or a really bad movie . It was certainly dark and depressing but the story very well told and well acted. The movie had a fantastic cast and you never could quite figure where the story was taking you and it ended leaving the viewer with about the same feeling as No Country for Old Men did. Although I enjoyed the movie and it's one of those movies I'll probably watch again in the future I don't think I will ever need to own this one . Maybe after viewing it a second time the story will resonate better or at least not seem so depressing. Maybe though, it's supposed to be even though there's almost a semblance of something good somehow emanating or evolving from all the rest of the story's ongoing struggle for the characters to find any happiness or salvation?
  7. I know what the problem is. Vodka is much better for protein shakes.
  8. Dang good job officer, well done!
  9. Today
  10. Harbor Freight has a 20%off coupon effective this weekend.You can build a basic solar system pretty cheap.(got no vested interest in the company, just passing on info).Their solar panels have gotten good reviews,and their kits are affordable.
  11. Did so good with the last one. This is a teen/young adult novel. I read it in the 60s. It's taking place in the mid-fifties. Daddy is an army officer. He's been transferred to Europe for a year. He and Mama are going, but the kid is staying with Grandpa for that year. Grandpa lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere. The kid is a Boy Scout. There is only one other boy of scouting age in the general area. He talks the second kid into joining the Scouts, and they are Lone Scouts. This is for boys that wish to be Scouts but there are not enough boys around to make a troop. You take all the tests. Any adult can sign off on them. You send in your results to the district officers and they send you your patches. All of the one boy's camping equipment is Army surplus. When he takes his new friend on the first overnight, they discover a beaver pond. And someone is poaching the beaver. When they tell Grandpa about seeing the poacher, although it was dark enough they could not tell who it was, they did see that he had a revolver. This upset Grandpa. It was one thing to have a rifle or a shotgun in the woods. That was normal, for shooting animals. But a REVOLVER!!??!? The only use for one of them is to shoot people. For some reason that comment has stayed with me for 50 years or so. Aside from that stupid statement, I enjoyed the book and would like to reread it. Unfortunately I have no idea what the name of it is. Does it sound familiar to anyone?
  12. You need to contact Johnny Meadows above. If I didn't already have a hammered double slicked it by him I'd be getting one of the 3 he has; he does a great job on them.
  13. It's been MONTHS since they won a championship! Those people need relief. It is interesting that the last time the Blues were in the finals they lost to the Bruins. Should be one heck of a good series. I know that the playoffs were marvelous.
  14. I seriously don’t know how it will turn out and I wish good luck to St. Louis, but as the Red Sox announcers have said, “Its been almost 100 days since we had a duck boat parade in Boston.”
  15. unfortunately as for me i will be shootin' cowboy classic and it requires ext. hammers. i invested time into research and repurposing clothing to be 1870-1910 or there about and would hate to not shoot CC... one day though ill stick to my Rossi stagecoach i bought in the mid 90's
  16. Of course you were at the California state match the one year I couldn’t make it. Very fun shoot there. I like your other videos too, especially the master gunfighter stage. That’s my all time favorite stage. Where else do you get to shoot that many different guns at once, half of them usually just collecting dust in the safe?
  17. I have been watching Cable T.V. (new to me) and the Modelo Beer commercial is using the music from the graveyard scene in "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Seems a good theme goes a long way.
  18. Linn Keller 4-9-11 Bonnie's eyebrows rose slightly as she reviewed the ledger sheets. Her left eyebrow raised a little higher than her right, to Sarah's amusement: she'd noticed the Sheriff did the same thing when he was skeptical, but her Mama did it when she was pleased. Little things, a Fannie-voice whispered, you'll notice little things about people that will help you figure them out. Charlie had made a similar quiet voiced observation on the same day: You'll notice things about people that will help you identify them later. You might forget a face or a name but you'll never forget someone's hands, or the way they talk with their hands, the way they turn their head a little if they're listening closely or if they disagree with something. You'll never forget those things. Sarah was in a school dress: she had engaged one of her Mama's designers to help her look less womanly and more girlish -- "I just want to go to school without being stared at!" she'd blurted -- and her Mama's designer smiled, for she'd helped design the gown in which Sarah looked the most mature: with foundations and the dress, with hair styled and a hat and face paint, Sarah looked older and more mature than she was. Her Mama was torn with the realization that her daughter was blooming. On the one hand, the beautiful young woman Sarah was becoming, was a definite asset when it came to selling dresses: she'd gone as far as San Frisco to claim her share of the market, arriving with dresses by the dozen a week before the fashion houses in the big city even had their Paris exemplars, and so had made a very profitable foray into the City market: Sarah had swum in this sea of metropolitan life like a fish in the ocean: she was bright and intelligent, charming and immaculately polite, a Lady in the finest sense of the word ... and, yes, quite frankly, beautiful. Sarah was also her little girl, and as much as Bonnie, the businesswoman, loved making a profit, and Bonnie, the proud mother, delighted in safely showing off her darling daughter, Bonnie the mother worried that her little girl was growing up perhaps a little too fast ... and that she herself was at least in part to blame. When Bonnie's designer had discreetly drawn the McKenna aside and told her that Sarah was asking for a more girlish style for school, Bonnie's eyes stung: she bit her bottom lip and nodded. Perhaps her little girl was wiser -- and not growing up quite as fast -- as she'd thought. Now, as Sarah sat across from her Mama, she noted the quiet indicators of approval as Bonnie studied the results of having hired Sam and Clark, on the Sheriff's recommendation. Bonnie looked up at Sarah. "Well?" Sarah asked, pausing her pencil: she'd been quietly scribing a lesson on a sheet of paper, at least until she started studying her Mama. "Well?" Bonnie echoed, blinking: she was afraid she'd been studying the ledger so intently she'd missed some conversation with her daughter. Sarah placed her pencil diagonally across the sheet, propped her elbows on the table and rested her chin in both hands: her posture and the hair ribbon and the high collared dress made her look distinctly girlish. "Well, are we showing a profit?" "Oh!" -- Bonnie looked guiltily down at the ledger book and Sarah saw a smile, a slight, quiet smile lift her Mama's cheeks. Sarah tilted her head and noted with surprise that there were fine little crows-foot lines just starting at the corners of her Mama's eyes, and she felt her belly lurch. Some part of her expected her Mama to remain young and beautiful forever, and this was an affirmation that her Mama was getting older -- she wasn't old, not yet, but she was indeed heading that way, and Sarah felt a panic, deep inside her belly. Part of her would forever be that scared, hurt little girl in the Silver Jewel, hiding from her drunken father, hiding from the men who hurt her Mama and the other working girls, alone and terrified in a dirty hiding place between the walls. The grown-up Sarah seized this memory and shoved it down a deep well and dragged a stone over top of it. Her Mama looked at her and the smile had lifted the corners of her mouth, and her cheeks had pinked up a little more with the effort. "We made more with cattle in one month than we have in the years we've been here." Bonnie's words were brisk, businesslike. "I shall have to thank the Sheriff for his recommendation." Sarah nodded slowly, remembering the confusion and violence in the bank. "I wonder," Sarah said slowly, "if I'll have to testify at the inquest." Bonnie's eyes lost focus momentarily and Sarah knew she was seeing the robbery again. Sarah could not know Bonnie was seeing her daughter's gloved hand, tight about the nickel plated Derringer, driving it into one man's gut and firing, then turning and putting a shot into the second robber's middle, just before Jackson Cooper came in and decided the issue with an absolute finality. "Perhaps not." Bonnie placed her pencil on the ledger and looked squarely at her daughter, and it warmed Sarah that her Mama was giving her undivided attention. "Yours were not the shots that killed the robbers. I would imagine you won't have to testify." "But I might." Bonnie paused, then nodded. "You might, dear, but I believe they would call on me before they called you to the stand." Sarah nodded slowly. Bonnie's expression changed slightly, nothing Sarah could really put her finger on, but she knew a Mommy-moment was to follow, and she was right. "Now, Sarah," Bonnie asked, gently, "you're not taking that Derringer to school, are you?" Sarah blinked in surprise. She had considered it. The Derringer was flat and easy to hide, especially under skirts and layers, but her experience at the bank had convinced her that two shots were not enough. "No, Mama," she said quite honestly. "My Derringer is upstairs in its box." "Good," Bonnie said, instantly regretting it -- her daughter's armaments had come in on the side of the law a number of times now -- and Sarah considered her Mama's response carefully. Sarah had not lied to her Mama. She simply hadn't told her about the bulldog .44 she'd adopted, and had holstered secretly in her schoolgirl dress.
  19. I've had good luck with PACT for at least 15 years.
  20. It's five o'clock somewhere... Texas Lizard
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.