SASS Wire Forum

Amazon Tracking Debacle—-Update

I ordered something as a small surprise for Mrs. Lose to take care of something she’s been bugging me to do for the last six months or so. It was supposed to be delivered by 8:pm tonight. I’ve been tracking it using their tracking and I watched as the little truck thing makes its stops, 12 more stops, 11 more stops, 10 more stops, 9 more stops and it changes direction about a mile and a half from my house, heads to I15 south and heads to San Diego and the thing disappears. Just checked again and no sign of him. If they leave it down at the gate by the road it’ll get stolen, I left the gate open but they don’t like to drive up my driveway in the dark. Oh well, we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Sad 3

I have had packages delivered to the wrong addresses by UPS, FedEx and USPS from Amazon. UPS and FedEx had short lived apps that showed you exactly where the delivery truck was in real time within a few seconds a few years back in SoCal. That ability to track was removed from the apps of both companies. Not sure why. 
It’s very frustrating to be expecting a package then get a message that it’s nearby or has been delivered and you got nothing. 
Heck, FedEx dropped one of my guns off with a neighbor up the street in Oregon. 
I also had lazy delivery drivers that just headed off home or wherever when the Amazon app said “Your delivery is 8 stops away.” 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I have had packages delivered to the wrong addresses by UPS, FedEx and USPS from Amazon. UPS and FedEx had short lived apps that showed you exactly where the delivery truck was in real time within a few seconds a few years back in SoCal. That ability to track was removed from the apps of both companies. Not sure why. 
It’s very frustrating to be expecting a package then get a message that it’s nearby or has been delivered and you got nothing. 
Heck, FedEx dropped one of my guns off with a neighbor up the street in Oregon. 
I also had lazy delivery drivers that just headed off home or wherever when the Amazon app said “Your delivery is 8 stops away.” 

Yep, looks like he went home. Tracking says the package will be here tomorrow.

• Confused 1

we have had very good luck with amazon deliveries except most of the drivers here are muslins and don't like the dog , they tend to leave the p[ackages closer to the street than the door - we do have a "bridge" from the walk to the door and i dont mind walking to the opposite end , i like my dog better than i do the delivery folks ,  these days m happy if they keep their distance - the send my wife a photo of where the package is - long as its not in the driveway , im ok with it , 

All my packages get dropped off at the Post Office. Having a POB works well. 

The biggest issue I've had with Amazon is when they give me a delivery date of lets say Friday. It arrives at my USPS distribution center on Saturday, a week early. They'll just sit on it til Friday. Even though I got a message it would be here early! Then on Friday I get another message informing they are sorry for the delay, but it is now expected on Monday! What the hell, you've been sitting on it for a week.:angry:

• Sad 2

Since moving to WV I have not had many packages get delayed or delivered to the wrong address due to personnel issues. 
I have had packages delayed due to bad weather somewhere else in the country. 

I had one package delivered to the wrong address. I got a notification from Amazon and UPS that the package “was handed to the customer” which it was not. I did some tracking of my own but hit a brick wall trying to find out which “neighbor” got my package. The UPS driver that day was a fill in as our normal driver was ill. 
Amazon did replace the product, but I now know I have 1 dishonest neighbor. I have my suspicions, but that’s all I have.

• Sad 2

Amazon has been fantastic where we live, which is rural Lake County. We live across from a 100+ acre Equestrian Facility.

20220317_080350.thumb.jpg.ddad331c750e02ee31876075d00b347a.jpg

20220317_080336.thumb.jpg.91e615744397621f6ce0b5fa49a3b874.jpg
I've been able, on occasion to actually meet the driver based on their tracking app advising when I am the next stop.
Otherwise, they have always delivered to our front door (150 ft from the road)

Snip-it_1712926426091.jpg.08dd14c21afb9fb14178ee2da7430cb5.jpg   

and Ring gives us a video

as well as the Amazon website picture of the item delivered.

Snip-it_1712926885482.thumb.jpg.426a3d87c64837ebbfe8654d48070e82.jpg

Deliveries, for the most part, are when expected. One order was actually placed around 4pm on a Thursday and arrived early the next morning.
It does help that we have an Amazon Distribution Center just 9.8 miles away. :P

• Like 2

@Father Kit Cool Gun Garth when I lived in CA we had an Amazon Distribution Center about 3 miles away. Occasionally I received deliveries on the same day I ordered them if I ordered in the morning. Most orders were delivered the next day. 
I figured that when we moved to WV that even next day delivery was a thing of the past.  I was surprised to find that I can and have gotten orders the next day on some things. The nearest distribution center is 77 miles from us. Sometimes it’s 2 or 3 days, but those items are usually things that most people wouldn’t order often. 
I did get a surprise when I ordered Lee Breechlock Busings and some Hornady One Shot CLP one day in the afternoon and it was delivered the next day around noon. :)

• Like 1

No package, and now it says it will be delivered tomorrow by 10:00 pm.

I suspect that the various delivery companies have a "hard stop" time after which the drivers are required to return to the delivery hub no matter how many packages they still have and no matter how close they are to the delivery address.  Not sure if that is a HR/union thing, the legal department or trying to minimize the potential dangers to the drivers.

• Yul Lose changed the title to Amazon Tracking Debacle—-Update

The package was just delivered by a very nice young lady having a very bad day. I was out in the shop when she pulled up and I could see some front end damage on her car. She took the package up to the front door and left it and I met her out at her car to thank her, she was crying and quite upset. She had just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and at the stop just before me she ran into a low brick wall along a planter and really tore up the bumper shroud and fender. I got some duct tape from the shop and duct taped the bumper shroud and light assembly back on and told her she probably shouldn’t drive the car very far. A friend of mine owns a repair shop about a mile away so I led her over there and introduced her to him and he said he’d make the car safe to get her back down to San Diego.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

You are a good man!

I was thinking the same thing. 

I had my own tracking weirdness yesterday. I was watching the tracker coming my way, and it stopped about 2 blocks from my house. It stayed stationary while I watched the driver pull up to my house, run up and throw my package onto my deck, (it was some driver bits, so no damage, but it was still a bit unseemly), and drive off. Then the tracker disappeared.