SASS Wire Forum

Fire and Brimstone in Paradise: International Black Powder Championship

It's time to start getting those plans made and those applications in! The SASS International Black Powder Championship is back at beautiful Paradise Pass in Etna Green Indiana! Come shoot a great all black powder match, whether you're a full time Soot Lord/Lady, or just like to dirty it up from time to time. Three days of smoky fun from Aug 23-25, featuring 11 main match stages, a 3 stage night shoot, side matches, live music, on site camping, and great fellowship with the best pards and pardettes you could ask for! Link to the application is below, look forward to seeing you all there! 

https://paradisepassregulators.com/schedule

• Like 4

Hey Dallas:
I'm thinkin' on it.
Haven't been to the Pass in 9 or 10 years.
I went to maybe the first dozen IBPG annuals, from the first one, inspired by Manatee, to many of the Korruption in Paradise shoots, organized by KK.
I think 2016 was my last one.

Wrote the stages for alot of them!

Anyway, I don't know yet if I'll even be in town at that time.
But, if I can fit it in, I'll come.
How late can the decision be made?

Thanks

--Dawg

• Like 3

Hey Dawg,

The more notice we have, the better, but if it comes right down to it, we'd way rather have you than not, so just holler, even if it's day before.  We'll absolutely make it work! 

Dallas

• Like 1

What side matches do you usually have?  I'm thinking of coming, pending some family commitments that may or may not get confirmed.

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

What side matches do you usually have?  I'm thinking of coming, pending some family commitments that may or may not get confirmed.

In addition to the night shoot, we'll be having a couple warm up stages (with plainsman mini match instructions as well), speed rifle, pistol, and shotgun, and possibly a couple of extra surprises.  Hope to see you there! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get your applications in folks!  This is a really fun shoot with a lot of great cowboys and cowgirls.

Just to add to the fun I have a challenge to all you smokeless shooters out there.  I will provide ammunition (.38 or 44-40 and 12 gauge) for the match to the first smokeless shooter who signs up and sends me a picture of their registration. Come on over to the dark side! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Revenuer said:

Get your applications in folks!  This is a really fun shoot with a lot of great cowboys and cowgirls.

Just to add to the fun I have a challenge to all you smokeless shooters out there.  I will provide ammunition (.38 or 44-40 and 12 gauge) for the match to the first smokeless shooter who signs up and sends me a picture of their registration. Come on over to the dark side! 

That's a helluva good challenge! Who's it gonna be!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Revenuer said:

You can't ask for much more than that, c'mon, you know that smokeless nonsense is just a passing fad, come try the real thing! @Paparazzi Pahl, here's your chance to try the dark side! 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:50 PM, Diamond Jake said:

NIGHT SHOOT!!! Night shoot!!!! You will have sooooo much fun!! Tommy and I will be there! You have made family stuff a priority enough! You get THIS one! LOL! Bring Laura! Here’s @Ruff Kut shooting the night shoot!

IMG_8582.thumb.jpeg.fe67b5e290e2791ee4107290b95fa837.jpeg

I really hope you can make it! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Revenuer said:

@Duke Skywalker, SASS # 26871 this is your chance! 

Let’s gang up on him at the Spring RoundUp! 

Hugs!!

Scarlett

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:16 PM, Seth Bradford said:

I really wish I could squeeze this into my schedule but 2025 I’ll be retired with plenty of time!!

We'll be happy to see you next year! 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, Scarlett said:

NIGHT SHOOT!!! Night shoot!!!! You will have sooooo much fun!! Tommy and I will be there! You have made family stuff a priority enough! You get THIS one! LOL! Bring Laura! Here’s @Ruff Kut shooting the night shoot!

IMG_8589.mov 68.67 MB · 1 download  

IMG_8582.thumb.jpeg.fe67b5e290e2791ee4107290b95fa837.jpeg

I really hope you can make it! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

oh my, as slow as I am in the daylight, this would take me 2 minutes to shoot, lol!!!     This video ought to help seal the deal with Hairless though.  I think we're going to try to make this

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Me and Skeeterbite had a blast last year. Hope to make it again this year.

I REALLY hope Y’all can make it! 

Hugs! 
Scarlett

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 5:05 PM, The Revenuer said:

And, for the second smokeless shooter who wants to play… if offer 45 Colt and 38 Spc cartridges with APP! 

IT IS SUCH FUN!! 
Hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scarlett said:

And, for the second smokeless shooter who wants to play… if offer 45 Colt and 38 Spc cartridges with APP! 

IT IS SUCH FUN!! 
Hugs!

Scarlett

Are you gonna be at Alabama State next weekend?

On 4/25/2024 at 8:53 PM, Mean Mary 45913 said:

oh my, as slow as I am in the daylight, this would take me 2 minutes to shoot, lol!!!     This video ought to help seal the deal with Hairless though.  I think we're going to try to make this

Mary, we would love to have you two join us. Guaranteed to be a great time!

• Like 1