SASS Wire Forum

Bad Luck Meets the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Got in last weekend from a camp out and two day match. Got in late Sunday and was unloading truck, I hung my shotgun bandolier around me which still had 34 rounds and carried my shotgun and range bag into my house. The bandolier was kinda heavy cause I load my 12gage with 3 drams of rot-gut FFF and 1.25 oz lead. As I entered the garage, I felt something wrong and soon discovered 4 squatters had entered my house. After a while I got back from Walmart knowing I would need spic-n-span and a new mop. I have a 2800 sq/ft house and the smoke had not completely cleared so I opened all the doors and windows. Two of the bathrooms had some damaged tiles and most other tiles were peppered with small chips. A corner of the kitchen granite countertop was missing and the arm of the couch was gone. I was hungry and started to make a BLT but had to run back to Walmart for tomatoes. Sat down with sandwich at computer to see if match scores had been posted yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

You don't live in Australia do you? :P

• Haha 1

I bet it was loud for a few minutes.  I have been in a room without ear protection when a shotgun was fired (packing house).  Not fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I bet it was loud for a few minutes.  I have been in a room without ear protection when a shotgun was fired (packing house).  Not fun.

Did you know that a .357 fired from the drivers seat through a work van's passenger side window, with no hearing protection, is REALLY LOUD?

I do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

When I was about 22 I conducted an experiment. You see cops on TV sitting in the car with the driver's door open shooting through the little v between the driver's window and the windshield support.

Experiment. See how loud that is. 4 inch 357. I believe I have had tinnitus ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

An AR in your bedroom in the middle of the night must be ear shattering, yet people use them for a bedroom gun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:30 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

An AR in your bedroom in the middle of the night must be ear shattering, yet people use them for a bedroom gun. 

Any unsuppressed firearm discharged in a confined space is LOUD. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Any unsuppressed firearm discharged in a confined space is LOUD. 

What?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4