SASS Wire Forum

This video will drive you crazy!

I thought I could stand it. Even when he started talking about the Smith & Wesson Model 3. First, there is not and never has been a Smith & Wesson Model 3. It's a number three. The lowest model number Smith and Wesson has ever had is the Model 10. People insist on calling the number three the Model 3, but they are wrong.

But then when he explained that the number four most popular revolver in the old west was the 1873 lever action rifle - I just gave up.

• Like 1

The Schofield is a little different than the #3 S&W. The latch to open it was a little different thanks to General Schofield who if I remember right he committed suicide with that weapon.

“This vodeo delves into…blah, blah, blah…”

Vodeo? WTH is a “vodeo”?

“Point four four Russian. Point four five Colt…”

Okay, I’m done. It’s either an AI generated video or a video devised by people who only have half the information but try to come across as knowledgeable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Schofield is a little different than the #3 S&W

Number 3 is the frame size. It is the 44 caliber frame. Whether the gun is a 44 or 45 is irrelevant. The American is a number 3. The Russian is a number 3. The Schofield is a number 3. And the 1881 double action is a number 3.

They used a LOT of Hickock 45 footage!!  

The narration was pretty annoying and sometimes inaccurate!

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Number 3 is the frame size. It is the 44 caliber frame. Whether the gun is a 44 or 45 is irrelevant. The American is a number 3. The Russian is a number 3. The Schofield is a number 3. And the 1881 double action is a number 3.

True but the latch release was different on the Schofield.

https://gundigest.com/more/classic-guns/smith-wessons-most-famous-top-break-the-schofield/amp

Edited by Rye Miles #13621