SASS Wire Forum

Liberty II Hammered SxS

One of my friends is looking at getting into Cowboy Action Shooting. He’s looking at a Liberty II, made in Turkey. It’s new in the box and is actually a great looking gun. Does anyone use one or know anything about them. The guy selling it is asking 500. 

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2060.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the company that important them went out of business many years ago.  They appear to be the same as the CZ hammer gun. We ran across one in a gunshop in like new condition.  Only problem was that some slickem' upper had butchered the hammer springs it would fail to fire often.  I replaced the spring with new ones from CZ.

514246501_LibertyandCZcoachgunFeb2019.jpg.321af62afdbfdd3b4a666cf42dcc3f0d.jpg

• Like 1

Way back when I would occasionally shoot Jurrasic Cowboy that's what I had/shot.  Solid gun.  I had Surly Dave (I think that's the right alias) give it his treatment because out-of-the-box it's as stiff as they come.

• Like 1

I had one.  I lightened the springs and it was fine.  However, it had less drop to the stock than my TTN and didn't point as well for me, so I finally sold it a couple years ago for $600.

• Like 1

The Turkish shotguns being produced are very nice and pretty decent quality, the only problem I see are factory support and parts.

The importers (if they are still around) get very little in the way of parts, if any at all, and good luck trying to get a hold of a Turkish factory.

My daughter runs a Zenith that was made by Tedna (very similar to Huglu, that makes the CZs) and I smoothed it up a little and replaced and lightened some springs and it runs great. I just hope nothing breaks.

Edited by The Rainmaker, SASS #11631

When I got mine I took a bit too much off one of the hammer springs and it wasn't reliable.  It was several years before KBI had parts available and I could buy extras.  If your friend buys the Liberty II, he should immediately order new springs from CZ while he can get them.

• Like 1

Be careful calling it a "Liberty".  Before the Liberty II, there was a Liberty, made in Spain.  It did not have a good reputation.  To confuse matters, the Liberty II has "Liberty" marked on the barrels, but Liberty II is marked on the red/white/blue box as shown above.  If you don't have the box and see one, just make sure it is made in Turkey.

• Like 1