SASS Wire Forum

Locked out of Facebook

I don't do FB, but on the occasion I've had prove ID, they would accept a utility bill in my name.

Against my better judgment, I tried to sign up for facebook a few months ago. Signup process seemed normal until they required a scan of drivers license. No way, so I quit. Friends of mine who use Facebook say it must have been a scam site. I don’t know.

Anybody here know if that’s true, or is it a new FB requirement?

My wife and I just created a whole new Fb account for her garden activities, with new e-mail and other info to make sure there was no crossover between accounts.  No Drivers License reqm't.

• Like 2

Why Facebook may ask you to upload an ID

There are a few reasons you may be asked to send in a copy of your ID to Facebook. Examples include:
  • Confirming that the account you're trying to access belongs to you: Your security is important to us. We ask for an ID so that we don't let anyone into your account except for you.
  • Confirming your name: We ask everyone on Facebook to use the name they go by in everyday life. This helps keep you and our community safe from impersonation.
Another reason people may be required to confirm their identity is helping prevent abuse such as scams, phishing and foreign political influence.
  • Like 1

Given Facebook's track record, there's no way I'm uploading my DL to participate in a social media forum. Adding on, the name I go by in everyday life is not the one on my DL. As a matter of fact, when someone tries to contact me with my given name, I know they don't know me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Wife has been locked out of Facebook since the 20th due to "suspicious activity" in her account.  As part of the process of trying to unlock it, they want a photo of her driver's license or other ID.  Is this on the level?

Nope!! 

I’ve been on Facebook for years, got suspended a few times but they never wanted my ID even when I first signed up. Unless they’ve changed their rules it’s sounds fishy to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Why would anyone use them?  Never have never will! 

It’s a good way to keep in touch with friends and relatives plus there’s all kinds of gun groups on there including SASS. 

• Like 1

I gave up my personal and business Facebook accounts when they censored Trump.
Best to leave on my terms, rather than theirs.

My last internment in Facebook Jail was 30 days for this...

meme.politics.hillary.051.gallows.hang.change.plans.sfw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2