SASS Wire Forum

Comfy with Memories

It's sunny with a light wind and our highest all the way up to 7. We have ice and sledding snow.

I love it It ain't even close to a jungle!!!

:-)

We're warmer than cold weather training and Korea.

Wow. It's perfect

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

All relative.  

It is, isn’t it? 

I recall being in the Indian Ocean. Our ship dead in the water (not sure why - maybe the Captain wanted to see the ocean without disturbing the water) The water was still. Like a giant sheet of blue-green glass. It was about 125° F. outside the skin of the ship. It was uncomfortably beautiful. My boondocker soles were getting gooey on the deck if I stood still. 
I thought to myself “Now this is hot! REALLY HOT! But it’s so eerily beautiful.”

A week later it was either 133 or 135° F. The ship was cruising at 15 or so knots. The breeze was stinging. I thought “Man, this is damn hot. The hottest I will ever be.”

Two years later (not the same cruise ;)) we pulled into Puerto Rico for a resupply. 
I went out on deck the 2nd day in port just after noon. It was 98° F. and 98% humidity. THAT was the hottest weather I have ever been in. 

Nowadays when people say “It’s really hot outside!” when the temps are in the 80’s or 90’s I just smile and agree and move on. 

On 2/19/2024 at 8:31 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Of all my relations I like sexual the best.  :P

Especially if you see them on a regular basis.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:42 AM, Pat Riot said:

It is, isn’t it? 

I recall being in the Indian Ocean. Our ship dead in the water (not sure why - maybe the Captain wanted to see the ocean without disturbing the water) The water was still. Like a giant sheet of blue-green glass. It was about 125° F. outside the skin of the ship. It was uncomfortably beautiful. My boondocker soles were getting gooey on the deck if I stood still. 
I thought to myself “Now this is hot! REALLY HOT! But it’s so eerily beautiful.”

A week later it was either 133 or 135° F. The ship was cruising at 15 or so knots. The breeze was stinging. I thought “Man, this is damn hot. The hottest I will ever be.”

Two years later (not the same cruise ;)) we pulled into Puerto Rico for a resupply. 
I went out on deck the 2nd day in port just after noon. It was 98° F. and 98% humidity. THAT was the hottest weather I have ever been in. 

Nowadays when people say “It’s really hot outside!” when the temps are in the 80’s or 90’s I just smile and agree and move on. 

It's not 130  , I am not wearing 80 pounds of gear and there  is .001 percent chance of me being blown up with a IED or VBED today .

we hit low 50s here today and im happy , not at all normal in feb here but ill take all i can get , this winter will be one of the shortest - if not the shortest and mildest ive experienced since moving here in summer 82 , the other was 88 , we got a steady rise started about now that ended in +103f on memorial day , we shall see what the next couple months bring tho , 

Archived