SASS Wire Forum

Let’s see some guns

Billy Rocks

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I really like them. They are plastic, but they have a slight texture. They’re not slick and smooth. They have two clips to hold them in place vs one. 

Here’s an example of the black and ivory grip adapters. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5e82d87a9920caa0a0331e64aaf37f22.jpeg

I have one on my K10-5. I like the way it feels when I grip it, but the trigger guard tends to rap my middle finger on firing.  My grip is the same style as your 10-7. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783

27 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I have one on my K10-5. I like the way it feels when I grip it, but the trigger guard tends to rap my middle finger on firing.  My grip is the same style as your 10-7. 

Hmmm…I wonder why? I haven’t had that happen. Does it happen without the adapter?

11 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I really like them. They are plastic, but they have a slight texture. They’re not slick and smooth. They have two clips to hold them in place vs one. 

Here’s an example of the black and ivory grip adapters. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5e82d87a9920caa0a0331e64aaf37f22.jpeg

Really like the looks of the bottom one! Ellie has a stock one in stainless. Nice pocketbook pistol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Really like the looks of the bottom one! Ellie has a stock one in stainless. Nice pocketbook pistol!

That’s my 442. Those grip panels do look nice. Thank you.  It’s back to looking like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.3caf156f14549a8f391eebee459ee6bf.jpeg

Why? Because I screwed up and bought those panels on Gun Broker from Altamont. They are for a model 40 Centennial, not a more modern J frame. They don’t lock into the recesses of the grip frame so they flop about some. No trades or refunds - it’s in writing that I didn’t read. :rolleyes:
Do you own a model 40? I will give them to you. :)

They're too pretty not to be on somebody’s gun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

That’s my 442. Those grip panels do look nice. Thank you.  It’s back to looking like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.3caf156f14549a8f391eebee459ee6bf.jpeg

Why? Because I screwed up and bought those panels on Gun Broker from Altamont. They are for a model 40 Centennial, not a more modern J frame. They don’t lock into the recesses of the grip frame so they flop about some. No trades or refunds - it’s in writing that I didn’t read. :rolleyes:
Do you own a model 40? I will give them to you. :)

They're too pretty not to be on somebody’s gun. 

Unfortunately Ellie's is a 442 as well.:(

• Like 1

a lot of beautiful pieces folks , congrats on what you have 

while ive often posted my guns on various sites , this post gave me pause to do so , i get he says he is a photographer and i also note not a long term participant , im all too often questioning motivations anymore , i hope my cautions are unnecessary , but for now .....im not a participant 

Edited by watab kid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

a lot of beautiful pieces folks , congrats on what you have 

while ive often posted my guns on various sites , this post gave me pause to do so , i get he says he is a photographer and i also note not a long term participant , im all too often questioning motivations anymore , i hope my cautions are unnecessary , but for now .....im not a participant 

I was thinking the same thing.

18 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

ive seen this elsewhere , im not gonna go down this road today , i hope we are not being tracked and trapped by LE on the sly , but ill admit i had what im relatively certain was a sting try to entrap me on another site years ago over a post telling someone that they had al illegal weapon without paperwork , i had recommended they [trying to sell off a family heirloom M2 carbine ] get a lawyer and quit trying to sell on line - the contact i got was trying to sell to me - i called them out on line and responded with threat to turn them in , never heard from them again - i think it was ATF or some other alphabet soup group trying to infiltrate the internet crowd , i wasnt playing their game 20 years ago and im not playing today , 

yall can do as you please , i no longer trust our government any more than i would the soviet union , they are not working for us , 

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Beretta 950B in the ever popular and powerful.22 Short.  That isn't rust on it, it's dust from the pocket holster.

IMG_20240212_0717480732.thumb.jpg.245e51c871a8381299de959826d3a16a.jpg

Timothy Dalton used a stainless one in the 1989 007 movie. 

bg059-beretta-950-jetfire-licence-to-kill.jpg

• Like 1

Do you suppose they still make the 950B?

Joe's is a 950B. This is a 950 BS.

wm_9366034.jpg

Notice the obvious difference? This one has a thumb safety. The S in the name for STATES (I've also heard the S stands for SAFETY). Had to have a safety so it could be imported.

If I wonder if they gave up on making the B, and all of their 950s are BS now? Like everyone has quit making 4-inch revolvers. They're now 4.2. Because some places have decided that 4 inches and smaller are illegal. So instead of making the new Colt Python in 4.2 inch barrel for the places where 4 inches is illegal, but also making it in a 4-inch barrel for those of us that want the correct size, they just make the 4.2.

But Walther had a similar problem. The PPK was too small for importation in the states, so they dreamed up the PPK/S - PPK/States. A version large enough to be importable. But they still made the PPK for sale everywhere else in the world where they didn't have totally stupid idiotic laws.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

wm_9366034.jpg

Notice the obvious difference? This one has a thumb safety. The S in the name for STATES (I've also heard the S stands for SAFETY). Had to have a safety so it could be imported.

If I wonder if they gave up on making the B, and all of their 950s are BS now? Like everyone has quit making 4-inch revolvers. They're now 4.2. Because some places have decided that 4 inches and smaller are illegal. So instead of making the new Colt Python in 4.2 inch barrel for the places where 4 inches is illegal, but also making it in a 4-inch barrel for those of us that want the correct size, they just make the 4.2.

But Walther had a similar problem. The PPK was too small for importation in the states, so they dreamed up the PPK/S - PPK/States. A version large enough to be importable. But they still made the PPK for sale everywhere else in the world where they didn't have totally stupid idiotic laws.

You are right. The one in the movie was actually a jetfire with thumb safety in 25 ACP. I think they stop making BS in early 2003 but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

wm_9366034.jpg

I have to say that with the 20 pound, 5 inch trigger pull on it in double action mode it doesn't need a safety.  Even in single action it has a long and heavy pull.

I have pairs of these pre-2005 Vaquero Bisley in both 357 and 44 mag.
I much prefer the feel of the Bisley grip.

There are others, but I haven't gotten around to photographing them yet.
Been spending most of my shooting time with Wesson PM7 and Alaskan 44.

2019.05.31-Vaquero-Bisley-007.levels.sfw.jpg

2019.05.31-Vaquero-Bisley-088-108.levels.sfw.jpg

• Like 2