SASS Wire Forum

.45 Colt small primer brass

Currahee

It's bad enough that some 45ACP has small primers... now you want to screw up 45 Colt also?   I've seen a couple of posts in the past few days stating where you can find LPP.  ;) 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Griff said:

It's bad enough that some 45ACP has small primers... now you want to screw up 45 Colt also?   I've seen a couple of posts in the past few days stating where you can find LPP.  ;) 

Well, .454 Casull brass has always been small primer.  ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Griff said:

Not screwing anything up, it's already done.  Just want to know who makes it.

As Lumpy stated, the .454 Casull brass uses small primers.   I often use Small Rifle in my reloads.

AND, there is also a fair amount of .45 ACP brass that uses Small primers.

BUT..... I don't think I've seen nor heard of any .45 Colt brass that uses Small primers.   But I wouldn't be surprised.

After all, there is some .45 Colt brass that uses Shotgun primers

..........Widder

You would be doing your fellow shooters a favor if you only shoot small-primer .45 Colt brass in pistols.  If you shoot it in rifle then some of it is going to end up in other people's brass and they will not be happy when it jams their reloading machine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 1/26/2024 at 9:41 PM, Griff said:

My feelings exactly, Because if you don't do a close inspection of all your brass nowadays  good way to detonate a primer right in your machine.just saying.

28 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

It’s exists, and it’s an abomination.

IMG_9601.jpeg

yes it is and i dont want any in my brass pickups , ever , im not happy that it exists 

i inspect mine caefuly and i hand prime , i just dont need to loose brass to this blashemy 

Edited by watab kid