SASS Wire Forum

Melanie RIP

27 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I hadn't known she was 76.  I thought maybe late 60s.   Nor did I realize that she had such an extensive discography.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Safka_discography

I was kinda surprised at her discography too. She was working on an album of cover tunes according to the article. I liked her voice, she was a cutie too!:wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Haven’t heard that name in eons. Another icon passes. 

Scroll down thru the article and take a look at the duet video with Miley Cyrus. Miley might seem a head case to many of us, but she is gifted with a stunning voice and presence in front of a microphone. 

It's a shame Cyrus didn't stick with that.  Lovely voice, but I just can't get past her very will publicized extremely vulgar stage performances.  Especially with her turning around and complaining about how women are "objectified."  As such.  

• Like 3

I wish I could have heard her unamplified.

Listening to Lay Down, there's about 20 backup singers. And sometimes her voice was with theirs, volume wise. And then she'd open her mouth and completely drown them out.

First time I heard that I was thinking, damn, that girl has got a set of pipes.

Then I thought about it a little and decided that more likely the sound guy increased the volume on her mic.

Won't never know.

That's why I wish I could have heard her unamplified. See if she could really project that well.

RIP 

i too enjoyed her music back then - her age did not surprise me , save she died so young , i was on my way to woodstock in 69 but car trouble and lack of cash prevented us getting past ohio , would have been a highlight among the rest , oh well missed all that bad weather - i dont like bad weather anymore ,