SASS Wire Forum

Before CAD

Subdeacon Joe

I read a recent comment, something to do with an awe-struck child regarding a folded road map excavated from the glovebox ...
"You mean you navigated with paper maps ... like pirates?"

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I read a recent comment, something to do with an awe-struck child regarding a folded road map excavated from the glovebox ...
"You mean you navigated with paper maps ... like pirates?"

I still carry maps in my truck....I like seeing the over all picture and decide which way.....

Texas Lizard

7 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I still carry maps in my truck....I like seeing the over all picture and decide which way.....

Texas Lizard

Before a long trip through and to an area I haven't been before I like to take a map and trace out routes with different colors of highlighters.

7 hours ago, czhen said:

Rotring

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

As soon as I could read, my Dad showed me how to read a map, and I used to "navigate" for him on long road trips (before everybody flew). When I bought my 2018 vehicle, I intentionally had them omit the GPS display. In the first place, I feel it is a distraction, and would rather have a map. And, yeah, I have a flip phone! I guess on the latter, I will eventually have to get a smart phone, but it can wait...maybe for my 82nd birthday this summer!

22 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Texas Lizard

my thinking exactly , no zooming in and out to see what options you might have available 

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Before a long trip through and to an area I haven't been before I like to take a map and trace out routes with different colors of highlighters.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

So, we can say old as Rotring pen.

7 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

As soon as I could read, my Dad showed me how to read a map, and I used to "navigate" for him on long road trips (before everybody flew). When I bought my 2018 vehicle, I intentionally had them omit the GPS display. In the first place, I feel it is a distraction, and would rather have a map. And, yeah, I have a flip phone! I guess on the latter, I will eventually have to get a smart phone, but it can wait...maybe for my 82nd birthday this summer!

I found that GPS with traffic info is worth it’s weight in gold when it comes to avoiding sitting still while they clear the latest accident. 

Archived