SASS Wire Forum

Fun With Light

Subdeacon Joe

54 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Oh great spirit of the glowing beard hear me. We need more cookie recipes. :D

Most worthy effendi, as you ask, so shall it be given to you!  Seek for them in the Viands and Victuals pinned thread.

2 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I use that light when I'm making jewelry.  Works really well at lighting the area directly in front of me.

Might be good for working on my scale models. Or cleaning guns, come to think of it!

i like the hat - it looks warm and comfortable , she does fantastic work , last person that knitted me anything was my grandmother back in the 60s - knitted me boot sox for my hunting boots - i still have them but they dont fit anymore - i just cant part with them 

21 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i like the hat - it looks warm and comfortable , she does fantastic work , last person that knitted me anything was my grandmother back in the 60s - knitted me boot sox for my hunting boots - i still have them but they dont fit anymore - i just cant part with them 

It is warm and comfortable.  When we went to the farmers market this morning the temperature was about 37°F which would be a bit chilly on my noggin with my receded hairline.  Warm and toasty.   The yarn was on a clearance shelf, I saw it and said, "That would make a nice watch hat."  She asked if I would wear it. "Sure!" said I.  

57 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It is warm and comfortable.  When we went to the farmers market this morning the temperature was about 37°F which would be a bit chilly on my noggin with my receded hairline.  Warm and toasty.   The yarn was on a clearance shelf, I saw it and said, "That would make a nice watch hat."  She asked if I would wear it. "Sure!" said I.  

i think you are a fortunate man , she obviously really listens to what you say [ill add that you mean what you say] i think the hand knitted hats are far superior to the mass produced items

............but mine is a minneapolis police watch cap , i wear it to honor those that were sacrificed in the george floyd debacle , a friend served in that political mess , i support the blue 

16 hours ago, watab kid said:

i think you are a fortunate man , she obviously really listens to what you say [ill add that you mean what you say] i think the hand knitted hats are far superior to the mass produced items

I am truly blessed with my bride.  We listen to each other, and she does "guy speak," no mind games of, "You should know what I mean." Oh, we do kid each other, but even with that, it will mostly be kidding on the square.  If called on something we will make good on it.  Unless it's something like, "Love, will you buy a gold Rolls Royce for me?" "Mere pocket change!  Only one?"

17 minutes ago, watab kid said:

She obviously knits well too , 

Crochet, actually. She used to be quiet good at it, but had to stop because of hand and wrist issues.  She's picking it up again after about 12 or 15 years.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Crochet, actually. She used to be quiet good at it, but had to stop because of hand and wrist issues.  She's picking it up again after about 12 or 15 years.

ohhh , i can relate to the issues , i wish i was young enough to not have the arthritis and cramping issues i have today , it can make even some simple tasks very painful or impossible , my first wife could knit and crochet , she also could take shorthand - most kids these days would have no clue about that , i have some things of my moms that id like interpreted but my ex and i have not spoken since 1979 

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

ohhh , i can relate to the issues , i wish i was young enough to not have the arthritis and cramping issues i have today , it can make even some simple tasks very painful or impossible , my first wife could knit and crochet , she also could take shorthand - most kids these days would have no clue about that , i have some things of my moms that id like interpreted but my ex and i have not spoken since 1979 

I used to do tatting, but my hands, especially my right hand, will go numb if I do too much with it, and too much varies from day to day.  Also sometimes my right wrist will pop and it feels like a big electric shock through my whole body, and the wrist aches for hours afterwards.  When I try to recreate it for a doctor it doesn't happen.

12 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I used to do tatting, but my hands, especially my right hand, will go numb if I do too much with it, and too much varies from day to day.  Also sometimes my right wrist will pop and it feels like a big electric shock through my whole body, and the wrist aches for hours afterwards.  When I try to recreate it for a doctor it doesn't happen.

i can relate to that - ive been having that "electric shock feeling" a lot lately when i grab something just right/wrong like pulling up on my beltloop when my pants need hiking , it hangs around for a bit after and i cant get the doctor to understand , my hands go numb when driving and typing and at night , that ends up hurting too , 

On 12/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

That's why I don't do selfies if I can help it! Mine look the same.:)

And mine.

Nice cap tho!

i got a set of these glasses and the lighted frames , not had an opportunity to try them for real but the first glance is they are cumbersome but effective - ill maybe report more later after i get to further trials and actual use 

Archived