SASS Wire Forum

JM Ross Leather?

Cholla

I tried emailing JM Ross to get another holster to match what I have but didn’t get a reply. 
I went to their website and they are not taking orders. Does anyone know why?

Maybe he is not making leather anymore. He is a member of our club and is shooting with us on a regular basis. Check out the Greene County Regulators website for more information.

Lucky :D

Cholla,

At last months match, JM expressed to me that he had to stop taking NEW orders in order

to help catch up on existing orders........and also in retirement years, he's wanting to spend more

time with family and less time in the work shop.

He's still alive and a great feller to talk with, shoot with, etc.....

Personally, I don't know if he will stay active in the leather work business or not....... but my 

guess is that he won't decide until next spring or summer as to how active he plans to

be in the business...... AFTER he catches up with his backlog orders.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Have you tried calling? 

No. In the past, I have stepped into a situation where someone had a bad illness or death in the family, and I just didn't want to deal with that type of conversation right now. I figured someone here knew him and could tell me what I needed to know. Widder gave enough of an explanation. 

i can say that ive been where cholla was on an occasion and dont want to venture there again , it was a very uncomfortable place to be , i understand when folks start to back away from what they have been doing , im doing that too 

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

i can say that ive been where cholla was on an occasion and dont want to venture there again , it was a very uncomfortable place to be ...

Same here. Several years back I called a number of a leather maker I got from a thread on another site. His widow told me he'd died just three months back. I felt horrible. Life... you just never know.

Indeed....... shortly before my heart surgery 3 years back, I decided to also get away from Marlin work AND

the Henry .22 mod work.   I kept my FFL just in case someone needed to send me their rifle for 'warranty'

work, etc...... or the occasional 'emergency' specialty work.

Its been a relief, although I still take dozens of calls to help folks over the phone and to also answer A LOT

of questions about the Henry .22 lever mods.   The short stroke part of those mods are super easy and

I steer folks to my video on how to set up the short stroke ("Soft Stroke") mod that they should be able

to do at home.

I just got a little tired and wanted more free time in my retirement years.   I shoot more now and ride my ATV

more often.

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

JM made my rig, he's a total great guy and his work in impeccable..  I hope he stays in business as I need a few things,  But can understand thre need to throttle back on new orders.  

JM did Kitty's leather and some new holsters for me. Great work! I understand the backing away part but we need  all the good leather makers we can keep. Hope he doesn't hang it up completely.

JM built Ellie's rig as well. He and his wife spent about an hour on the phone helping Ellie decide what she needed and wanted. Great folks there. Cost was very reasonable and the work impeccable.

Archived