SASS Wire Forum

If You Ever Get Bored

Yul Lose

Bridge City Toolworks sends me their catalogs and this time around these caught my eye. Their tools are a bit out of my price range and I can buy a bunch of pencils for $750.00. Chop sticks are free at sushi and Chinese restaurants.

IMG_4647.webp

IMG_4648.webpChop stick maker.

Hmmmm, the more I watch the videos and think about it, making pencils might be a lot of fun. I’ve got 30+ years of scrap lumber hoarded away and making a pencil out of Honduran rosewood or cocobolo might be pretty cool. Wonder what Mrs. Lose’s Christmas present budget is this year?

I’ve been doing a little research trying to locate the graphite lead part and ferrules for the eraser ends so that you won’t have to buy the ones from Bridgecity. Should know tomorrow if there is another affordable source. One outfit wanted 25 cents apiece with a minimum of 144,000 pieces!!!

11 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Hut is a company near us that sales all types of wood blanks and parts to make pins and duck calls and other turned items. They sale the lathes and tools.

https://www.hutproducts.com/

Don’t need a lathe and all of the hardware for this type of pencil.

But you'd sure need a huge customer base to get rid of a thousand gross of leads.

Archived