SASS Wire Forum

prehistoric ......

A few years back I had a young guy setting up a technical manual library for me at work.

The manuals for light rail cars are set up by system . Propulsion, Braking, Doors, etc. Each set of manuals for each system has a number designation. Propulsion - 700, Braking - 1200, Doors - 400. Each system has subsystems. The manual sets have subsystems broken down and numbered corresponding to the primary system. So, a propulsion control module power supply might be numbered 708.01.

I was trying to explain this system coding to him and I said “It’s like the Dewey Decimal System used in libraries.”

He looked as if I had just told him this in a foreign language. 
He admitted to me that he had never been to a library. 
After dealing with him for a while it was obvious his education was lacking in quite a few other areas as well. 

More ancient that we realize.

Ladylike appearance and posture.

Feminine attire.

Clean, shining hair.

Obviously an anachronism.

7 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

More ancient that we realize.

Ladylike appearance and posture.

Feminine attire.

Clean, shining hair.

Obviously an anachronism.

...the type that refused to have anything to do with me in high school...

:(

I wish I had had the foresight to but the card files when the Ontario Public Library got rid of theirs.  I could use about a dozen of them (20 drawers each) in my workshop and the other hundred or so would sell for a lot now.  Solid light oak with nickel plated brass hardware.

I do not yearn for the days of punch cards. Now, if I could be the age now that I was then and if my wife could do the same then I would jump at the chance. :D

Archived