SASS Wire Forum

1911A1 US Army

Rooster Ron Wayne

22 hours ago, Griff said:

Well, the differences are few,  and, at the time, 1911s were nearly only available in original form.  The very few clones still incorporated features of the A1, mainly the larger ejection port.  And, aside from the flat mainspring housing and relief of the frame at the trigger, they rather minor.   And being as participation is important, why eliminate almost everyone?

ok , i just thought in this game things were pretty specific and exclusive , i guess i understand if WB is different here as well , i dont argue that the A1 was all that much different , i was mostly asking as i know the specific period differences of the piece , i consider them as different as all of the M1903 variants , as well as all the Krag varrients , and the trapdoors too , 

Why would a on sale discount on a Wildbunch 1911a1 be moved to the Saloon  ? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Why would a on sale discount on a Wildbunch 1911a1 be loved to the Saloon  ? :wacko:

(Because this is the "cowboy" forum)?

On 11/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, Hoss said:

I got mine recently as a raffle prize at a match. It shows MFRP of $949, see them on GB for $800 or so. Mine is a Republic of Texas model 1 of 1836 for whatever that means value wise! 

IMG_5810.jpeg

It’s not hard to change those grips to make it more presentable.

:lol:.

5 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Why would a on sale discount on a Wildbunch 1911a1 be loved to the Saloon  ? :wacko:

It’s a 1911. That alone is enough to bring it up anywhere….

5 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

It’s not hard to change those grips to make it more presentable.

:lol:.

:P

On 12/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, Cypress Sun said:

For those that ordered from Palmetto State, how long did it take for them to initiate to shipping process?

I ordered a 5.56 Carbine Upper from them on a Monday and had it in hand on Friday, so they're pretty good with their order picking and shipping.  But, I'm only one state away from their location.

I've only ordered from them once. Some ammo.

Ordered it on the 28th, ETA on the 30th. On the 29th they sent me an adjusted ETA of the 2nd, and it arrived on the 1st. So 4 days from order to delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Wally World yesterday to pick up some candy.  I bought a big box of Reeses and a decent size bag of Ghirardelli chocolates to take to my LGS.  I've been doing business with them for about 20 years now and they're good people.

This is the time of year when they really stock up on guns, both new and used.  Their end of year sale is coming up so I thought I would get a first look at what they'll be offering and shoot the breeze with them a bit.

What do you know they had three different new Tisas 1911s.  They had the 1911A1, a Duty, and a fancy one engraved with a Davy Crockett quote about hell and Texas.  With my veteran's discount the out the door price on the Duty was right at $500, which might be just a tad more than I could have found on GB, but I was willing to pay that small premium to support my local buds, so I purchased the Duty.

Here are my first impressions of the gun. 

It's a solid piece, no rattles of any kind.  Slide to frame fit is very nice.  The thumb safety has a great positive engagement with no slack/looseness.  The grip safety with memory pad or whatever it's called nowadays feels just right.  Presentation is what I would expect in a 1911, the sights just naturally come up to where you want them.  The Novak style sights are easy to pick up, though I would prefer night sights and a bigger front sight (I'm not a bullseye shooter, I just want to pick up those sights superfast).

The trigger is excellent, very short and smooth, with a quick reset and probably breaking right at 4 lbs based on my totally unscientific seat of the pants estimate.  As a rightie I'm not a big fan of an ambi safety, but it's not overly obtrusive and if you're a lefty you'll probably appreciate it's presence.  Take down was a breeze as was reassembly.  It came clean and lubricated just enough and just where I like to see lube.

I could find no tool marks anywhere on the gun.  The bore looked good with nice crisp rifling. 

What really stands out to me are the trigger and how tight the gun is.  Both are very impressive.

I'll present it to Iron Cowboy Christmas day and we'll take it to the range and report back.

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg

IMG_0103.jpeg

Thanks Bill, that's the same way that the A1 is made also. I was very impressed with the overall quality, fit and finish. The sights and grips leave something to be desired but can be replaced. If I was younger, I would have bought more of them and just sat on them for 20 years. At $299 + tax/shipping...just can't beat it.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:05 AM, Griff said:

(Because this is the "cowboy" forum)?

And Wildbunch is not part of Cowboy Action Shooting  ? 

17 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

And Wildbunch is not part of Cowboy Action Shooting  ? 

Nope, not "cowboy" as relates to pre-1899 cowboy guns.  There's a Wild Bunch Forum to bring up Wild Bunch subjects.  

Archived