SASS Wire Forum

40 Years Ago Never Forget

Okiepan

40 Years ago today the US Marine Corp Barracks in Beirut Lebanon was attacked by a suicide bomber 241 US Service members were killed 

please take a moment today for a brief  moment today for them 

You are not Forgotten 

Semper Fidelis 

6 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Not Hardly I will forget ever  Just a fresh Hog new to a STA Platoon .  

RIP Brothers 

image0 (39).jpeg

image1 (22).jpeg

That reads like a prescription for self-defeat.

Friends of mine, were newly weds, living there when it happened, not far from the scene. 

May still tears up, if it is mentioned. It was one of the main events that led them to realize they would be better off immigrating and they came here, to Canada.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:25 AM, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Not Hardly I will forget ever  Just a fresh Hog new to a STA Platoon .  

RIP Brothers 

image0 (39).jpeg

image1 (22).jpeg

First off, I was greatly disappointed that Reagan didn't level Beirut. He allowed US Marines to be killed with no repercussions.

Second, these kinds of ROE get people killed. If you're in a combat zone, you ALWAYS have a round in the chamber. Safety position depends on the circumstances.  If you are fired upon, you eradicate the source.

PF

22 minutes ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

First off, I was greatly disappointed that Reagan didn't level Beirut. He allowed US Marines to be killed with no repercussions.

Second, these kinds of ROE get people killed. If you're in a combat zone, you ALWAYS have a round in the chamber. Safety position depends on the circumstances.  If you are fired upon, you eradicate the source.

PF

Well it wasnt for the lack of want on  our part, and truth be know I worked around that ROE after the barracks it was game on .

Archived