SASS Wire Forum

Heluva Ruckus HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Scarlett

What a great time this past weekend at the 23rd Annual Heluva Ruckus, NY State cowboy action championships!! The weather was damn near perfect, my shooting was damn near… well it was pretty good! 54/197. The stages and scenarios were different and FUN. @Renegade Roper wrote them and changed things up, incorporated some ideas she’d seen at other matches and it was great! She even used only TWO static targets on stage 10 for “poor man’s sweep” (progressive/Lawrence Welk). Someone said, did you run out of steel? :lol: No … making it fun! Thank you for the tremendous support of my business and I only needed a translator once this year! :D  

A lot of work went into this match! It’s one of the BEST around. I highly recommend it. 3rd weekend September 2024. I’ll be in beautiful Ballston Spa!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Thank you to all the people at Circle K who work so hard to put on a great match EVERY single year.  I've shot every Heluva Ruckus since 2000 and they never fail to put on a great match.

Yet again, I was the only sane person on my posse!  :D

4 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

It's been on my bucket list for a while. Always hear good things about it.  Maybe next year...

I thought about y’all this weekend!! You would have had a great time and the weather was perfect!!
Super big hugs!

Scarlett

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I thought about y’all this weekend!! You would have had a great time and the weather was perfect!!
Super big hugs!

Scarlett

This coming weekend for us is West Virginia State, then the monthly match I run at Damascus (10/14), then the Cops & Cowboys match I run at Damascus (10/28), then NC State in November, then the November monthly match I run at Damascus (11/11), which is the last match of the year for us.

After that, it will be January when we escape to Florida for about 10 days and, hopefully, catch 3 monthly matches while there.  Then it starts all over again with the Ides of March!  Still working on our 2024 match schedule.  FL State, DE State, PA State, MD State (I have to be there, I run it! :P), then we thinking of trying to make Black Gold in KY so we can add a new state to our list.  Then in all likelihood we will make it to VA State again, then WV State again, then who knows.

We are also considering Hell of a Ruckus (NY State) next year and/or Purgatory in the Pines (NJ State).  It depends on how lucky I feel carting firearms into enemy territory!  :o  Of course, folks say that about Maryland too! :lol:

See you at North Carolina!

Dogmeat and Holli

12 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

This coming weekend for us is West Virginia State, then the monthly match I run at Damascus (10/14), then the Cops & Cowboys match I run at Damascus (10/28), then NC State in November, then the November monthly match I run at Damascus (11/11), which is the last match of the year for us.

After that, it will be January when we escape to Florida for about 10 days and, hopefully, catch 3 monthly matches while there.  Then it starts all over again with the Ides of March!  Still working on our 2024 match schedule.  FL State, DE State, PA State, MD State (I have to be there, I run it! :P), then we thinking of trying to make Black Gold in KY so we can add a new state to our list.  Then in all likelihood we will make it to VA State again, then WV State again, then who knows.

We are also considering Hell of a Ruckus (NY State) next year and/or Purgatory in the Pines (NJ State).  It depends on how lucky I feel carting firearms into enemy territory!  :o  Of course, folks say that about Maryland too! :lol:

See you at North Carolina!

Dogmeat and Holli

Just an FYI, Heluva Ruckus tends to sells out pretty quick. They usually post the application on their website in April

Do the research, but I don't think NY is any worse, law wise, than MD or NJ

19 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Just an FYI, Heluva Ruckus tends to sells out pretty quick. They usually post the application on their website in April

Do the research, but I don't think NY is any worse, law wise, than MD or NJ

Thanks for the Info!  I will definitely keep my eye out.

My wife's family (on her Mothers side) was from Rensselaer, NY and my wife lived on upper Long Island as a kid when her Father was stationed near  there.  We used to travel up there for Thanksgiving every year to visit her grandmother until she passed some years back.  Always loved the area, just hated the politics (and the CITY! Man do I hate Cities!)  Haven't been back since, but think about it every year.

Maryland is much the same way.  I have lived my whole life in the same county in MD and, for reasons I can't fully explain, I suspect I will likely die here too.   it was a great place to grow up, 50/60 years ago, these days, not so much.  MD has a lot to offer, but the politics have just about destroyed it.

Time to branch out I guess and see the rest of the N.E.  Besides, as I get older, life in prison just doesn't carry the same weight anymore! :P

My first Rukus, and it was a terrific time!  Kudos to all the the Circle K Regulators and Renegade Roper...stages were a lot of fun!  No excuses for my misses, but I got a couple, if anyone asks...   Not going to be my last Rukus, by a long shot...SB

My first Rukus and it was a bang of a good time! As Scarlett says, "the weather was **** near perfect" and the senarios were outstanding! Got tangeld up on stage 10 but skept my head and did all right in the end. Thank you Renegade Roper and Circle K Regulators for an exciting & challening weekend!

The Ruckus  is one of the best shoots that I have attended .It should be on your to attend list. You will not be disappointed.

Best Wishes

On 9/19/2023 at 12:39 AM, Scarlett said:

What a great time this past weekend at the 23rd Annual Heluva Ruckus, NY State cowboy action championships!! The weather was damn near perfect, my shooting was damn near… well it was pretty good! 54/197. The stages and scenarios were different and FUN. @Renegade Roper wrote them and changed things up, incorporated some ideas she’d seen at other matches and it was great! She even used only TWO static targets on stage 10 for “poor man’s sweep” (progressive/Lawrence Welk). Someone said, did you run out of steel? :lol: No … making it fun! Thank you for the tremendous support of my business and I only needed a translator once this year! :D  

A lot of work went into this match! It’s one of the BEST around. I highly recommend it. 3rd weekend September 2024. I’ll be in beautiful Ballston Spa!

Hugs!

Scarlett

PICS! PICS! (or videos).

7 hours ago, Red Hooker said:

PICS! PICS! (or videos).

here you go! Hugs! Scarlett

IMG_8931.thumb.jpeg.9ab6ecd211dda4dc9081a81d28d7af11.jpegIMG_8924.thumb.jpeg.4200c53de5a322a4dc8d5cf33318558f.jpegIMG_8908.thumb.jpeg.afd2b90a1fe9e10c32722ee813ba4f08.jpegIMG_8888.thumb.jpeg.03e89f4f8b706a4d4f10687ad277a0b1.jpegIMG_8917.thumb.jpeg.4eecbb7457e24567e60132e6e9032c77.jpegIMG_8947.thumb.jpeg.04f35a448ca9e7310da7c59221b81a63.jpegIMG_8962.thumb.jpeg.d956515a6c96d4af943684ced131553c.jpeg

We had a smaller contingent of Canadians in attendance this year but that didn't diminish how much fun we had! Posse 6 ran like a well oiled machine and we had lots of laughs along the way. A big thank you to all the organizers who put in so much work (it really shows), the vendors who make trip, the scouts for saving our backs and the crew who put on the excellent lunches.

We are already planning for next year. Keep an eye out for the maple leaf on stage 5!

20230917_104328.jpg

The best way to bring in new blood is through videos and pics. We need to see posted pics and videos of all the big matches ,and even some of the smaller shoots.

Show people having a great time. IMHO

Best Wishes

T J B

Archived