SASS Wire Forum

Virginia State FUN FUN Gunfight at Double C

Scarlett

Congratulations to @Major BS Walker Regulator and his crew of fabulous minions for an amazing second state match! The Cavalier Rifle & Pistol Club is a beautiful setting and friendly host. @Ripsaw made some of the MOST clever targets! Several out of towners asked if they were available for purchase. No! If you want to shoot them, you gotta attend the state match! Well, it was well worth it. I think the theme was the campfire in Blazing Saddles… there was “poop” on every stage and the stage lines all had to do with something smelled! It was hysterical. It was actually “Smells of the West”! Then, progressive (Lawrence Welk) sweep and target four was a poop emoji. The DUMP TARGET! Stages were fun, had choices and the weather was great! It was hot but there were big tents and at least three fans (big ones) on every stage. The only problem is the match will likely sell out next year so go ahead and put it on your calendar for Labor Day Weekend 2024!

Congratulations to @Renegade Roper & @Christian Mortician on their overall titles and to @Happy Valley Harlot & Jack Szerack on their Virginia State Champion Titles! 

@Bingo Montana, you can put me down for Platinum Sponsor again! Thank you to the shooters for your support of my business, too. I appreciate it very much. :wub:

Big big hugs!

Scarlett 

IMG_8784.thumb.jpeg.8e2736d904eac6c772639d314932fcf4.jpeg

IMG_8786.thumb.jpeg.037109ccfbf2cd3b7d1e265f34451554.jpeg

IMG_8765.thumb.jpeg.a8b21ad5b5b5e638d812cae182a8010c.jpeg

We'da been there except this weekend sees a significant birthday for SIL and BOTH grandsons (and my great-grandcat) were home.  It was a also a terrific party, thanks to BabyGirl's efforts.

I couldn't agree more with what Scarlett posted! We had a great weekend! I got a bunch more folks to come down this year, and they had a great time too! The theme was clever, the stages were fun, and the targets were some of the best I've seen (very creative)!  Thank you to the Cavalier Cowboys and everyone on the committee for their hard work in putting together this match! We had a fantastic time and will definitely be back!

This was our first trip to this match for Holli Docaday and I, but I can assure you, it won't be our last.  Everything was great, from the stages, to the people, to the food, everything. Well, the weather could have been 10 degrees cooler, but nobody has control of that and, as Scarlett said, they had fans on the stages as well as tents.

Major B.S. Walker and the crew at the Cavalier Cowboys put on a fantastic match and we really enjoyed ourselves.  And as I told Scarlett at the awards banquet after coming in 2nd in FCGF......"Considering the "theme" of the match, it seems appropriate that I should come in #2."  :P:lol:

We will absolutely be back! 

I agree with everything Scarlett said except she forgot to say that our Posse 3 was the best. Captain R. Hugh Kidnme did his best at herding cats. Great match and a true must attend for your Bucket List. Thanks again to Tucker for donating the beautiful screw knife that I won.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

I agree with everything Scarlett said except she forgot to say that our Posse 3 was the best. Captain R. Hugh Kidnme did his best at herding cats. Great match and a true must attend for your Bucket List. Thanks again to Tucker for donating the beautiful screw knife that I won.

Seamus,

Thank you Sir. It was a total pleasure spending the weekend with you, Cayenne Kay, and the entire Posse 3 gang doing this sport we all enjoy. It was a complete  "....stay for the people" experience. 

I agree with @Scarlett!  This was a very well run, fun match.  The stages were fun and well designed.  They were well written with a couple of stand & deliver, most with movement (but not excessive track meet), shooters choice, some with different pistol & rifle sequences, they did not appear to handicap left handed shooters and the props were outstanding!  The sequences were well thought out so that they were interesting and challenging but not P traps.  @Ripsaw and @Major BS Walker Regulator did an absolutely outstanding job with the running rabbit, plate rack, cowboy hat/pants drop target and "dump" targets. As someone who runs a major match I could see the attention to detail that they put into this match that sometimes goes unnoticed by the shooters but makes all the difference.  This was our first time here but we definitely plan on coming back!  Posse 3 rocked!

Roper

5 hours ago, Renegade Roper said:

I agree with @Scarlett!  This was a very well run, fun match.  The stages were fun and well designed.  They were well written with a couple of stand & deliver, most with movement (but not excessive track meet), shooters choice, some with different pistol & rifle sequences, they did not appear to handicap left handed shooters and the props were outstanding!  The sequences were well thought out so that they were interesting and challenging but not P traps.  @Ripsaw and @Major BS Walker Regulator did an absolutely outstanding job with the running rabbit, plate rack, cowboy hat/pants drop target and "dump" targets. As someone who runs a major match I could see the attention to detail that they put into this match that sometimes goes unnoticed by the shooters but makes all the difference.  This was our first time here but we definitely plan on coming back!  Posse 3 rocked!

Roper

Thank you for the accolades!  A lot of hard work and sweat equity went into the match and it's good to hear from folks they enjoyed the match and plan on returning in 2024!  Yeehaw!

Archived