SASS Wire Forum

Air Tags

Texas Lizard

23 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Something Apple has out, you can use to find things that are lost or ripped off...

..., or use to stalk people, steal cars etc. :(

From Wikipedia:

"Despite Apple's including of technologies to help prevent unwanted tracking or stalking, The Washington Post found that it was "frighteningly easy" to bypass the systems put in place. It has been described as 'a gift to stalkers'. Concerns included the built-in audible alarm taking three days to sound, and the fact that most Americans had Android devices that would not receive alerts about nearby AirTags that iPhone devices receive. AirTags cannot have most of their components replaced correctly, but it has been found that AirTags with their speakers forcibly removed from the rest of the components were being used to track people. The AirTag cannot detect this change, making it harder for people to find out that an AirTag had been stalking them.

[...] AirTags were placed on vehicles at shopping malls and parking lots without the drivers' knowledge, in order to track them to their homes, where the vehicles would be stolen."

Would be the only reason for me to buy an Apple phone (beeing able to detect those bugs)

44 minutes ago, Equanimous Phil said:

..., or use to stalk people, steal cars etc. :(

From Wikipedia:

"Despite Apple's including of technologies to help prevent unwanted tracking or stalking, The Washington Post found that it was "frighteningly easy" to bypass the systems put in place. It has been described as 'a gift to stalkers'. Concerns included the built-in audible alarm taking three days to sound, and the fact that most Americans had Android devices that would not receive alerts about nearby AirTags that iPhone devices receive. AirTags cannot have most of their components replaced correctly, but it has been found that AirTags with their speakers forcibly removed from the rest of the components were being used to track people. The AirTag cannot detect this change, making it harder for people to find out that an AirTag had been stalking them.

[...] AirTags were placed on vehicles at shopping malls and parking lots without the drivers' knowledge, in order to track them to their homes, where the vehicles would be stolen."

Would be the only reason for me to buy an Apple phone (beeing able to detect those bugs)

It was awful nice if the Washington Post nd other news agencies to publish a “How To” guide on using Air Tags to commit crime. <_<

4 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Something Apple has out, you can use to find things that are lost or ripped off...Just wondering if they have one on the The Big Guy...So they can find him,  if he gets lost....

Just a thought...

Texas Lizard

Probably implanted in his skull.

TM

7 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Something Apple has out, you can use to find things that are lost or ripped off...Just wondering if they have one on the The Big Guy...So they can find him,  if he gets lost....

Just a thought...

Texas Lizard

I put an Airtag on you.  Why were you walking up and down Main St at 2am?    :P

I put one on my dog's collar just in case she gets loose from me.

2 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I put an Airtag on you.  Why were you walking up and down Main St at 2am?    :P

That is easy...The good looking girls don't start working till then...I mean I have trouble sleeping...Need the fresh air....

Texas Lizard

14 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

That is easy...The good looking girls don't start working till then...I mean I have trouble sleeping...Need the fresh air....

Texas Lizard

I think I know what happens at 2am…

image.jpeg.b05ae70787ce6fbccd94cfeae282b0a0.jpeg

Archived