SASS Wire Forum

OK... How About "SALOONIES"

Subdeacon Joe

So there!:P

===================

The thread about political ads already showing up got me thinking about the people who are at least semi-regular posters here.

My impression is that, in general, Saloontonics are both more intelligent and better educated than is the norm.  We have, or had, several MDs, DVMs, engineers of various sorts military officers - including several graduates of the US Military Academy and the US Naval Academy , senior enlisted, law enforcement officers, medics, and truck drivers to name a few.  I know I left out a bunch.

In general, people in those lines of work aren't dummies.  Everyone is capable of the occasional stupid stunt or bad decision, but in my opinion, a pretty high power bunch of people.

1 minute ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... dangitt Uncle Joe, you left out us tradesman .......  :unsure:

As I said, I know that I left out a bunch.

But, yeah, those in the trades, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, machinists, welders, mechanics, etc. are in general pretty sharp.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The thread about political ads already showing up got me thinking about the people who are at least semi-regular posters here.

My impression is that, in general, Saloontonics are both more intelligent and better educated than is the norm.  We have, or had, several MDs, DVMs, engineers of various sorts military officers - including several graduates of the US Military Academy and the US Naval Academy , senior enlisted, law enforcement officers, medics, and truck drivers to name a few.  I know I left out a bunch.

In general, people in those lines of work aren't dummies.  Everyone is capable of the occasional stupid stunt or bad decision, but in my opinion, a pretty high power bunch of people.

I agree totally, I’ve learned lots of different things in this saloon! 

20 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The term is Saloonatic.

Saloontonic? :blink:

Are you sure? Maybe he meant Saloontonics. ;)

Salooniacs?

• Subdeacon Joe changed the title to OK... How About "SALOONIES"

We've been Saloonatics since the 90s - since the days of Flint Westwood (and his hugemidor) and Black Harris (and the nursifyin' nuns) and Sierra Jack Cassidy (with his jar full of corks) and Chip Tosser (with his coffee jerky)  and Suzee Silk Knickers (ah, Suzee) and Toostone.

I see no sense in changing our name.

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

We've been Saloonatics since the 90s - since the days of Flint Westwood (and his hugemidor) and Black Harris (and the nursifyin' nuns) and Sierra Jack Cassidy (with his jar full of corks) and Chip Tosser (with his coffee jerky)  and Suzee Silk Knickers (ah, Suzee) and Toostone.

This place and the people and pretty much everything about it is nothing like what it was years ago. Things change. 

50 minutes ago, Alpo said:

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This place and the people and pretty much everything about it is nothing like what it was years ago. Things change. 

Not without a good reason. There's no reason to change what we call ourselves. It's "Saloonatics". 

28 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Not without a good reason. There's no reason to change what we call ourselves. It's "Saloonatics". 

I am not talking about names. I am talking about the Saloon then and the Saloon now. 
You can call yourself whatever you like. 

Quite honestly, there are only a couple of people that I see hear now that were here then. They would definitely be “Saloonatics”. Just as everyone that hangs out here now can be Saloonatics if they like. I don’t really care. My point was this Saloon is definitely nothing like the original Saloon. 
THINGS CHANGE!

What was it Groucho Marx said? "I'd never join any club that would have me as a member."

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am not talking about names. I am talking about the Saloon then and the Saloon now. 
You can call yourself whatever you like. 

Quite honestly, there are only a couple of people that I see hear now that were here then. They would definitely be “Saloonatics”. Just as everyone that hangs out here now can be Saloonatics if they like. I don’t really care. My point was this Saloon is definitely nothing like the original Saloon. 
THINGS CHANGE!

Things DO change. There's no denying that. WE change. I'm certainly not the same guy I was in my misspent youth. But being a long time Saloonatic gives me, and hopefully the rest of us a connection with those that came before, some still here, some long gone, and those yet to come.

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Well, at least this here saloon still lets in some low-down, high-smellin' ne'er-do-wells.

Even a few SaLooney Tooneytics too!

yosemite-sam-looney-tunes.gif

Ah, Birdgun, I was actually in the process of developing a Limerick utilizing Saloon, Looney-toons, Saloonatics, etc…

I went to bed defeated in my quest. ;)
I do believe we have a couple of Yosemite Sam types here though…:lol:

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Well, at least this here saloon still lets in some low-down, high-smellin' ne'er-do-wells.

Even a few SaLooney Tooneytics too!

yosemite-sam-looney-tunes.gif

I fancy myself as the rooting tooteness fella there is.

I will say I think there is a mixture of education by schooln' and life experiance that lends to a higher average level of conversations here.

I have enjoyed my short time here and gotten an actual answer from at least one person on ever question I've asked Which is not the case on most forums.

47 minutes ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

I will say I think there is a mixture of education by schooln' and life experiance that lends to a higher average level of conversations here.

I have enjoyed my short time here and gotten an actual answer from at least one person on ever question I've asked Which is not the case on most forums.

One Gun, what you say is all good and well...  But....how do you feel about SASS approving a Baptist Category? 

41 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

One Gun, what you say is all good and well...  But....how do you feel about SASS approving a Baptist Category? 

Would there even be anybody allowed in the category besides the original requester?

1 hour ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Would there even be anybody allowed in the category besides the original requester?

It’s a loaded question, One Gun and there’s no dancing in the Baptist Category. ;)

51 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s a loaded question, One Gun and there’s no dancing in the Baptist Category. ;)

Haha I have to admit, I read it and had to go searching for a reference(this forums search is kinda poo) but I think I got the jist...

4 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

.... OMG :o:o, ........

..... this looks like the starting of a reputation, a goodish one, but a reputation none the less .....

:blush:

Archived