SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yeah I know. My local grocery store has got chunky soup on a BOGO this week, so I look that stuff up to see if it was real. Thought I might give it a try.

There's a 5-minute review of it on YouTube. The guy says when you open the can it smells like dog food. And when you're warming it up it smells real strong of beer. Since I don't like beer I decided against buying any.

One of the serving suggestions on the can is to pour it on a hot baked potato.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Reminds me of some of the laws for cars in the early 20th century to prevent scaring horses and people. 

Also electric cars now.  About 15 years ago someone decided that hybrids were too quiet in town on their electric motors and pedestrians didn't hear them so hybrids and EVs are required to have some sort of noisemaker that sounds at under something like 30 mph.  Usually a hissing sound.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Also electric cars now.  About 15 years ago someone decided that hybrids were too quiet in town on their electric motors and pedestrians didn't hear them so hybrids and EVs are required to have some sort of noisemaker that sounds at under something like 30 mph.  Usually a hissing sound.

I love the UFO sound that Tesla’s make in reverse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

What's WAMs?

I've heard of WMs (Women Marines). I've heard of BAMs (derogatory term for WMs - Broad Ass Marines).

But not WAMs.

It's the pronunciation of WM.

46 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Either one will get you slapped into next week. if the LM (lady Marines) hear you say it......and when you get slapped my an LM you stay slapped!

It looks like the USMC still calls them Woman Marines.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It's the pronunciation of WM.

It looks like the USMC still calls them Woman Marines.

That surprises me because when I left the Corps in 1978 ( almost a half century ago,) it was almost forbidden and unacceptable certainly frowned upon, then.  We even called their officers "Sir". 

• Like 2