Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

photo 1679599647973.png

We never had simulators at Clearwater High School during the mid seventies. Charlie Harris Pontiac loaned brand new cars for us to use in the large parking lot and one off actual street driving. They were actually really nice cars like Grand Ams and the like. The rest of the time it was book learning and gory films like Death on the Highway and Highway at Night. Guarantee they don't show those films these days.

• Like 3

Same here. Classroom we had these itty bitty desks. All behind the wheel was in the large parking lot that had all kinds of streets and intersections and stuff painted on it next to the driver's ed building, and brand new Plymouths. We had three. Two Fury IIIs, and a Satellite Sebring. I learned to drive in the Satellite.

Funny. I can remember the name of the Chevy dealer, the Ford dealer, Buick, Pontiac/Cadillac/GMC, Dodge/Toyota, Mercedes/Datsun, and Volkswagen. But I can't recall who sold Lincoln/Mercury or Chrysler/Plymouth.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2023 at 5:31 AM, Pat Riot said:

IMG_6443.thumb.jpeg.f111b775010151d4ff58db962250ec21.jpeg

I was Director of Academics (DOA) and we had a Security Cop like that.... for aboutb three weeks until he sat down in a meal armchair in the faculty lounge tripped his Tased, and launched himself into to coffee pot.

Never saw him again.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

We never had simulators at Clearwater High School during the mid seventies. Charlie Harris Pontiac loaned brand new cars for us to use in the large parking lot and one off actual street driving. They were actually really nice cars like Grand Ams and the like. The rest of the time it was book learning and gory films like Death on the Highway and Highway at Night. Guarantee they don't show those films these days.

We had simulators in Drivers Ed, mostly for reaction timing.  Drivers Training we had some fairly nice cars with a brake pedal added to the front passenger side.

I wonder where that handicap sign is? Notice that it is written in perfectly understandable English, but the fine is R300.

India? Rupees? That's just barely three and a half dollars. Not much of a fine.

South Africa? Rand? That's about $16. Still not much of a fine.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I wonder where that handicap sign is? Notice that it is written in perfectly understandable English, but the fine is R300.

India? Rupees? That's just barely three and a half dollars. Not much of a fine.

South Africa? Rand? That's about $16. Still not much of a fine.

I think you’re right. South Africa. R200 = $10.60. But why is it in English?