SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Yul Lose Tombstone gun cart

Mojo Rising

I am selling my amazing one of a kind Yul Lose gun cart. Inspired by the classic movie Tombstone. This cart is truly a work of art. It was voted 2017 SASS National championship best gun cart winner. The only reason I am selling this one is because Yul is making me another cart that I will pick up at EOT. I can deliver the cart to Tombstone or EOT in the coming weeks if that is convenient for the buyer. I am asking $3,000 or obo. I can also deliver to SW regionals in Fort Smith, AR, Comancheria days in Comfort, TX, OK State in Albany, Texas State in Lockhart and Great Spaghetti western in Leonard Texas.

From Yul Lose,

I remember back to the lumber purchase and I dug through a bunch of select walnut to come up with the wood for that cart. If I built one like that today it would be $5k, I charge $400.00 extra to build a chest with a drawer in it now days. The hair on the seats and back panels are unique to that cart because it’s the only one I ever did that to. If I remember correctly Double Diamond charged about $850.00 to do all of the leather work and the picture on the front of the chest. 

If you tip the cart back and look on the bottom of the carriage you’ll see a number with a year and month. That’s when I started the build and the number of the cart. I’m thinking the Tombstone cart is 51. I also installed the flat free foam tubes in the tires.

Thanks and God bless,

Mojo Rising

SASS #106938

Yul with carts.jpg

20230212_141556.jpg

20230212_142135.jpg

Tombstone 1.jpg

Tombstone 2.jpg

Tombstone 4.jpg

upclose photo.jpg

20230214_132012.jpg

20230214_132014.jpg

20230212_142432.jpg

I’ve actually built 2 carts with the hair on cowhide on the seats and back panel, my mistake Mojo. If any of you would like more information on this cart please PM me. If you look closely at the leather carving on the front of the chest you can actually see the facial features that identifies each character from the movie, Double Diamond spent hours and hours getting it right. Mojo Rising has taken excellent care of this cart and it shows in the pictures that he’s posted.

This cart is absolutely gorgeous.:wub:

Gunner Down and Six Packin' Jan have a Yule Lose cart here in SW FLORIDA that they brought all the way from Southern California.

I am envious of it twice a month when we shoot.

I would be too afraid to actually use it. I couldn't just throw it in the back of the pickup and head on down the road. I would have to wrap it up in padded blankets just to try to protect it. Beautiful cart. Guess I will have to stay with my Rugged Gear cart. It sits in the back of the truck most of the time. I only take it out at matches or to clean it up at home Someone will be getting a beautiful piece of furniture that everyone will envy for sure.

Texas Maverick

I only take it to special shoots like Bordertown or EOT. I do wrap it up every time I take it. It is to amazing to let it get damaged. 

5 minutes ago, Mojo Rising said:

I only take it to special shoots like Bordertown or EOT. I do wrap it up every time I take it. It is to amazing to let it get damaged. 

I agree. I would be too scared to use it. I have seen Big Irons and they are a piece of art to be savored for sure.

Texas Maverick

Bump for one of the best carts I’ve ever built.

I'm like Tex I would be afraid to take it just anywhere and how could I keep everyone from wanting to try it.  Put it in the living room at home and let friends see what a work of art it is.  

BTT.

I have several cowpoke friends that have Yul's carts. They use them for all matches. The things are nearly bullet proof, as well as the best looking carts ever,

Bump for my pard.

bump again

Bump.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m working on a local pard that’s interested, I’ll let you know.

• Mojo Rising changed the title to SOLD Yul Lose Tombstone gun cart

Archived